Are you looking for a new way to enjoy your cannabis?
Look no further than simple syrup infused with vegetable glycerin!
This versatile and easy-to-make syrup can be added to any beverage of your choice, giving you a sweet and potent way to consume your favorite herb.
Whether you’re a seasoned cannabis user or just starting out, this recipe is perfect for anyone looking to experiment with edibles.
So grab your ingredients and get ready to learn how to make simple syrup with vegetable glycerin!
How To Make Simple Syrup With Vegetable Glycerin?
To make simple syrup with vegetable glycerin, you will need the following ingredients:
– 3 cups of water
– 3 cups of sugar
– 2 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin
– 2 grams of ground cannabis
– A jar or some bottle or container
– Cheesecloth and strainer
– Flavoring of your choice (optional)
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Begin by decarboxylating your cannabis. This process involves heating it to activate the THC and other cannabinoids, making them more potent. You can do this by placing your ground cannabis on a baking sheet and baking it in the oven at 240°F for 30-40 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
3. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat and add your decarboxylated cannabis. Allow the mixture to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Add your vegetable glycerin to the mixture. This will help bind the psychoactive cannabinoid THC to ensure you feel the effects. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
6. Strain the mixture through cheesecloth and a fine-mesh strainer into a jar or container.
7. Add any flavorings of your choice, such as vanilla extract or lemon juice.
8. Store your cannabis-infused simple syrup in an airtight container like a mason jar, and add it to any beverage of your choice.
What Is Vegetable Glycerin And Why Use It For Simple Syrup?
Vegetable glycerin, also known as glycerol or glycerine, is a clear and odorless liquid that has a syrup-like consistency. It is typically made from soybean, palm, or coconut oils and is often used in the cosmetic and skincare industry due to its moisturizing properties. However, it also has several other uses, including as a sweetener in food and beverages.
One of the reasons vegetable glycerin is popular for making simple syrup is that it is less likely to crystallize than regular sugar. This means you can store your simple syrup for longer periods without worrying about it becoming gritty. Additionally, vegetable glycerin has fewer calories than sugar and does not contribute to bacterial tooth decay.
Another advantage of using vegetable glycerin for simple syrup is that it is a natural preservative. This means your syrup will last longer without the need for any artificial additives or chemicals. Additionally, vegetable glycerin is water-soluble, making it easy to blend with other ingredients.
The Benefits Of Making Your Own Infused Simple Syrup
Making your own infused simple syrup has several benefits. Firstly, it allows you to control the potency of your syrup. By adjusting the amount of cannabis used in the recipe, you can customize the strength of your syrup to your liking. This is especially important for those who are new to cannabis and want to start with a lower dose.
Secondly, making your own infused simple syrup allows you to avoid the high costs associated with purchasing pre-made products. By making it at home, you can save money and have more control over the quality of the ingredients used.
Thirdly, infused simple syrup can be used in a variety of ways, from sweetening your coffee or tea to adding flavor and potency to your cocktails. By having a bottle of infused simple syrup on hand, you can easily add a cannabis-infused twist to any beverage.
Lastly, making infused simple syrup at home is a fun and creative way to experiment with different flavor combinations. By adding herbs, fruits, nuts, and spices during the heating process, you can create unique and complex flavor profiles that will elevate any drink.
Step-by-Step Guide: How To Make Simple Syrup With Vegetable Glycerin
Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide for making simple syrup with vegetable glycerin:
Step 1: Decarboxylate your cannabis
To start, you’ll need to decarboxylate your cannabis. This process involves heating it to activate the THC and other cannabinoids, making them more potent. You can do this by placing your ground cannabis on a baking sheet and baking it in the oven at 240°F for 30-40 minutes. Remember to stir it occasionally to ensure even heating.
Step 2: Combine water and sugar
In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat and add your decarboxylated cannabis.
Step 3: Simmer the mixture
Allow the mixture to simmer for 20-30 minutes. This will help infuse the cannabis into the syrup. Make sure to stir occasionally so that the cannabis doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
Step 4: Add vegetable glycerin
Add your vegetable glycerin to the mixture. This will help bind the psychoactive cannabinoid THC to ensure you feel the effects. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
Step 5: Let it cool
Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before straining.
Step 6: Strain the mixture
Strain the mixture through cheesecloth and a fine-mesh strainer into a jar or container. Straining is necessary because it sieves all the plant matter out.
Step 7: Add flavorings (optional)
Add any flavorings of your choice, such as vanilla extract or lemon juice. This is optional but can add some extra flavor to your syrup.
Step 8: Store and enjoy
Store your cannabis-infused simple syrup in an airtight container like a mason jar, and add it to any beverage of your choice. The syrup will last for 2-3 weeks when stored in the fridge. Remember not to reheat or reboil the syrup as it will affect the flavor and potency.
Dosage And Serving Suggestions For Infused Simple Syrup
Determining the dosage for cannabis-infused simple syrup can be tricky, especially if you are new to edibles. Start by mixing 1/4 teaspoon of the syrup with any drink of your choice. Wait for 30-45 minutes to feel the effects. If you don’t feel anything, increase the dose by 1/4 teaspoon until you reach the desired effect.
It’s important to note that depending on your metabolism, it can take up to 2 hours for the THC to take effect. Therefore, it’s recommended to start with a low dose and wait for at least an hour before increasing it.
When it comes to serving suggestions, cannabis-infused simple syrup can be added to any beverage of your choice. It adds sweetness to your drinks and can also help balance acidity and bitterness while rounding out harsher alcohol characteristics when making cocktails.
If you’re looking for a more potent effect, you can add more cannabis to the mixture or increase the amount of vegetable glycerin. However, it’s important to keep in mind that adding too much cannabis or glycerin can result in an unpleasant taste and texture.
Creative Ways To Use Infused Simple Syrup In Your Favorite Beverages
Now that you have your cannabis-infused simple syrup, it’s time to get creative with how you use it in your favorite beverages. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Cannabis-Infused Lemonade: Add a splash of your cannabis-infused simple syrup to a pitcher of freshly squeezed lemonade for a refreshing and potent twist on a classic summer drink.
2. THC-Infused Iced Tea: Brew your favorite tea and add a generous amount of cannabis-infused simple syrup for a relaxing and calming beverage.
3. CBD-Infused Coffee: Add a dash of cannabis-infused simple syrup to your morning coffee for a subtle boost of CBD that can help ease anxiety and promote relaxation.
4. Cannabis-Infused Cocktails: Replace regular simple syrup with your cannabis-infused version in any cocktail recipe for a unique and potent twist on your favorite drinks.
5. CBD-Infused Smoothies: Add a drizzle of cannabis-infused simple syrup to your favorite smoothie recipe for a healthy and calming boost.
Remember to start with a small amount of infused simple syrup and gradually increase the dosage until you find the perfect balance for your desired effects. Enjoy experimenting with different flavors and beverages, and always consume responsibly.
Tips For Storing And Preserving Your Infused Simple Syrup.
Once you’ve made your cannabis-infused simple syrup, it’s important to store it properly to ensure it stays fresh and potent. Here are some tips for storing and preserving your infused simple syrup:
1. Refrigerate: Infused simple syrup should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to three months.
2. Label: Be sure to label your container with the date you made the syrup, so you can keep track of its freshness.
3. Freeze: If you have made a large batch of infused simple syrup, you can freeze it for later use. Simply pour the syrup into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe bag and store for up to six months.
4. Avoid sunlight: Keep your infused simple syrup away from direct sunlight or heat, as this can degrade the potency of the cannabinoids.
5. Use sterile containers: If you plan on storing your infused simple syrup for an extended period of time, consider using sterile canning jars or bottles to ensure the syrup stays fresh and free from bacteria.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your cannabis-infused simple syrup stays fresh and potent for all your beverage needs.