Are you looking for a delicious and unique way to enjoy corn this summer? Look no further than maple syrup corn!
This sweet and savory dish is perfect for grilling and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a mouthwatering treat that will have everyone asking for seconds.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make maple syrup corn step-by-step, so you can impress your guests at your next barbecue or outdoor gathering.
So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy the sweet taste of summer with this delicious recipe!
How To Make Maple Syrup Corn?
To make maple syrup corn, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– Fresh corn on the cob
– Pure maple syrup
– Salt and pepper
Here’s how to make it:
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Remove the first layer of husks from each ear of corn. Gently spread out the remaining husk leaves, remove the corn silk and baste the corn with a mixture of melted butter, pure maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
3. Pat the remaining husks back around the cob and wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil.
4. Place the wrapped corn on the grill and close the cover.
5. After four minutes, give the corn a quarter turn and close the cover. Repeat three times until all four sides have been grilled (a total of 16 minutes).
6. Unwrap the corn, remove the husks, and serve with additional maple butter on the side.
That’s it! This simple recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next summer gathering.
Gathering Your Ingredients
Before you start making maple syrup corn, it’s important to gather all of the necessary ingredients. The first ingredient you’ll need is fresh corn on the cob. Look for ears that are firm and plump, with bright green husks and moist silk. You can find fresh corn at your local farmer’s market or grocery store.
Next, you’ll need pure maple syrup. It’s important to use real maple syrup, not the processed pancake syrup found in most grocery stores. Look for 100% pure maple syrup that is made from sugar maple sap. You can find this at specialty stores or online.
You’ll also need butter, salt, and pepper to season the corn. Choose unsalted butter for this recipe so that you can control the amount of salt in the dish.
Once you have all of your ingredients, you’re ready to start making maple syrup corn. This recipe is easy to follow and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Preparing The Corn
Before you can make maple syrup corn, you need to prepare the corn. Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add enough salt so it tastes like seawater. Then, add the fresh corn on the cob to the pot and boil for 6-8 minutes or until it’s cooked. Once cooked, drain the corn and set it aside.
Next, remove the first layer of husks from each ear of corn. Gently spread out the remaining husk leaves and remove the corn silk. This will help ensure that the corn is clean and ready for grilling.
In a small bowl, combine melted butter, pure maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Baste the corn with this mixture, making sure to coat it evenly. Once coated, pat the remaining husks back around the cob and wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil.
Now that your corn is prepped and ready to go, it’s time to grill it. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and place the wrapped corn on the grill. Close the cover and let it cook for four minutes before giving it a quarter turn. Repeat this process three times until all four sides have been grilled (a total of 16 minutes).
Finally, unwrap the corn and remove the husks. Sprinkle some sea salt over the corn and serve it with additional maple butter on the side. This delicious dish is perfect for any summer gathering and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
Making The Maple Syrup Glaze
To make the perfect maple syrup glaze for your corn, you’ll need:
– 1/4 cup butter
– 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
– Pinch of salt
Here’s how to make it:
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once the butter has melted, pour in the pure maple syrup and stir until well combined.
3. Add a pinch of salt to taste and stir again.
4. Continue to cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and becomes a smooth glaze.
5. Once the glaze has reached your desired consistency, remove it from the heat.
6. Drizzle the maple syrup glaze over your grilled corn, making sure to coat each ear evenly.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors!
This maple syrup glaze is also great for other dishes like pancakes, waffles, French toast, and more. It’s easy to make and adds a touch of sweetness to any meal. So go ahead and try it out – your taste buds will thank you!
Grilling The Corn
Grilling the corn is an important step in making maple syrup corn. It’s essential to get the perfect char and smoky flavor to complement the sweet maple syrup.
To start, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. While the grill is heating up, remove the first layer of husks from each ear of corn. Gently spread out the remaining husk leaves and remove the corn silk.
Next, baste the corn with a mixture of melted butter, pure maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Be sure to coat each ear of corn evenly with the mixture.
After basting, pat the remaining husks back around the cob and wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil. This will help to steam the corn and keep it moist while it grills.
Once the grill is hot, place the wrapped corn on the grill and close the cover. After four minutes, give the corn a quarter turn and close the cover again. Repeat this process three more times until all four sides have been grilled (a total of 16 minutes).
When done, remove the corn from the grill and unwrap them from their foil. Remove the husks and serve with additional maple butter on the side.
Grilling the corn is a simple but crucial step in making delicious maple syrup corn. With these easy steps, you’ll have perfectly grilled ears of corn that are sure to be a hit at any summer barbecue or gathering.
Serving And Enjoying Your Maple Syrup Corn.
Once you’ve grilled your maple syrup corn to perfection, it’s time to serve and enjoy it! Here are some tips for serving and enjoying this delicious dish:
– Serve hot off the grill: Maple syrup corn is best served hot off the grill. Make sure to time your grilling so that the corn is ready to serve as soon as your guests are ready to eat.
– Offer additional toppings: While the maple butter is delicious on its own, you can also offer additional toppings like grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh herbs, or even crumbled bacon.
– Pair with other summer dishes: Maple syrup corn is a great side dish for summer barbecues and picnics. Pair it with grilled chicken, burgers, or hot dogs for a complete meal.
– Enjoy leftovers: If you have any leftover maple syrup corn, don’t let it go to waste! Cut the kernels off the cob and use them in salads, salsas, or as a topping for pizza.