Are you a fan of spicy food? Do you love adding a bolt of heat and flavor to your dishes?
Then you must have heard of McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning! This blend of black and red peppers is perfect for adding extra bold heat to your favorite dishes.
Whether you’re grilling burgers, seasoning steaks, or spicing up vegetables, Hot Shot is the perfect addition to your kitchen. But did you know that you can make this delicious seasoning at home?
In this article, we’ll show you how to make McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning so that you can enjoy its bold flavor anytime, anywhere. So let’s get started!
How To Make McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning?
To make McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 tablespoon black pepper
– 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
First, measure out the black pepper and cayenne pepper and mix them together in a small bowl. Make sure they are evenly combined.
Next, add the sunflower oil to the bowl and stir until the spices are coated in the oil. This will help the seasoning stick to your food and distribute evenly.
Once everything is mixed together, transfer the seasoning to an airtight container. You can use a small spice jar or even a resealable plastic bag.
That’s it! Your homemade McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning is ready to use. Sprinkle it on burgers, steaks, vegetables, or anything else that needs a little extra heat and flavor.
What Is McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning?
McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning is a blend of black and red peppers that adds an extra bold heat and flavor to your dishes. This seasoning is perfect for those who love spicy food and want to add a kick to their meals. The mix of black and red peppers provides a unique taste that can be used in a variety of dishes, including burgers, steaks, vegetables, rubs, eggs, tacos, chili, tossed salads, baked potatoes, and more. McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning is made with simple ingredients like black pepper, red pepper, and sunflower oil, making it a great addition to any pantry. It can also be used in place of black pepper in your favorite spice rub recipe for an extra robust heat. Keep a bottle of McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning out by the grill, one in the kitchen, and one on the table to add a bolt of heat and flavor to any meal.
The Benefits Of Making Your Own Hot Shot Seasoning
Making your own Hot Shot seasoning has many benefits. First, it allows you to control the ingredients and ensure that there are no additives or preservatives. This is especially important for those who are health-conscious or have dietary restrictions.
Another benefit of making your own Hot Shot seasoning is that it can save you money in the long run. McCormick’s pre-made blend can be expensive, but by making it yourself, you can save money on the cost of the individual ingredients.
Additionally, making your own seasoning allows you to customize the flavor to your liking. You can adjust the ratio of black pepper to cayenne pepper to achieve your desired level of heat. You can also experiment with adding other spices or herbs to create a unique blend that suits your taste preferences.
Finally, making your own Hot Shot seasoning can be a fun and rewarding experience. It’s a simple recipe that can be easily customized and personalized. Plus, it’s always satisfying to create something from scratch and enjoy the delicious results.
Ingredients Needed To Make McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning
To create your own McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning, you’ll only need three simple ingredients: black pepper, cayenne pepper, and sunflower oil. The black and red pepper blend is what gives Hot Shot its signature bold heat and flavor. By making it yourself, you can customize the ratio of black and cayenne pepper to your liking. The sunflower oil is added to help the spices stick to your food and distribute evenly. Once mixed together, transfer the seasoning to an airtight container for storage. With just these few ingredients, you can add a bolt of heat and flavor to any dish!
Tips And Tricks For Making The Perfect Hot Shot Seasoning
If you want to take your McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning to the next level, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
1. Adjust the heat level: If you find the seasoning too spicy, reduce the amount of cayenne pepper. On the other hand, if you want even more heat, increase the amount of cayenne pepper.
2. Use fresh spices: For the best flavor, use freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper. You can grind your own spices using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
3. Experiment with other spices: While the McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning is perfect as is, you can also experiment with other spices to customize the flavor. Try adding some garlic powder, onion powder, or smoked paprika for a different twist.
4. Store properly: To keep your seasoning fresh and flavorful, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
5. Use as a rub: For even more flavor, use the McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning as a rub for meats like chicken, pork, or beef. Apply a generous amount of seasoning to the meat and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the perfect McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning every time!
Ways To Use McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning In Your Cooking
McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning is a versatile spice blend that can be used in a variety of dishes. Here are some ways to incorporate it into your cooking:
1. Spice up your meats: McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning is perfect for adding bold flavor and heat to your meats. Press the seasoning onto steaks, burgers, chops, or roasts before cooking for a delicious kick.
2. Add to rubs: Use McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning in place of black pepper in your favorite spice rub recipe for an extra bold kick.
3. Sprinkle on vegetables: McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning can add a spicy and peppery taste to your vegetables. Sprinkle it on baked potatoes, roasted vegetables, or even toss it into a salad for an extra kick.
4. Use in sauces and dips: McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning can be used to add heat to your favorite sauces and dips. Mix it into sour cream or yogurt for a spicy dip or add it to your favorite hot sauce recipe.
5. Enhance your breakfast: McCormick Hot Shot Seasoning can also be used to spice up your breakfast dishes. Sprinkle it on eggs or mix it into your favorite breakfast hash for an extra bold kick.