Are you tired of spending a fortune on pre-made seasoning blends that are loaded with sodium and questionable ingredients?
Look no further than making your own homemade seasoning blends! Not only is it cost-effective, but you also have complete control over the flavor profile and ingredients.
In this article, we’ll be focusing on how to make a delicious Beef Seasoning Blend that will elevate any dish to a roast beef Sunday dinner level of deliciousness. Plus, we’ll share our favorite cut of beef to use and some tips for cooking it to perfection.
Get ready to impress your taste buds and your wallet with this easy and foolproof recipe.
How To Make Lion’s Choice Seasoning?
To make Lion’s Choice Seasoning, you’ll need a few key spices and herbs that can be easily found at your local bulk store or grocery store. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons of onion powder
– 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
– 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
– 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
– 1 tablespoon of paprika
– 1 tablespoon of black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of salt
Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Store the seasoning blend in an airtight container or jar until ready to use.
Why Make Your Own Seasoning Blend?
There are several compelling reasons to make your own seasoning blend instead of buying pre-packaged blends from the grocery store. First and foremost, making your own blend allows you to control the ingredients that go into it. You can avoid additives, preservatives, and excessive amounts of salt and sugar that are often found in store-bought blends. This means that you can make a healthier and more natural seasoning blend that is tailored to your specific tastes and dietary needs.
In addition to being healthier, homemade seasoning blends are also more economical. As mentioned earlier, pre-packaged blends can be overpriced for what they actually contain. By making your own blend, you can save money on your grocery bill while still enjoying delicious and flavorful meals.
Another advantage of making your own seasoning blend is that it allows you to experiment with different flavor combinations. You can customize the blend to suit your preferences and the dishes you’re cooking. This means that you can create unique and exciting flavor profiles that will impress your family and dinner guests.
Finally, making your own seasoning blend is a fun and rewarding activity that can be done with friends or family members. It’s a great way to bond over food and learn more about different spices and herbs. Plus, it’s always satisfying to know that you made something from scratch that tastes delicious and enhances the flavor of your meals.
Step-by-Step Instructions For Making Lion’s Choice Seasoning
If you’re ready to make Lion’s Choice Seasoning at home, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Gather all of the necessary ingredients listed above.
2. Measure out each ingredient using measuring spoons and add them to a mixing bowl.
3. Use a whisk or fork to mix all of the ingredients together until they are well combined.
4. Once mixed, transfer the seasoning blend to an airtight container or jar.
5. Store the container in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to use the seasoning.
6. When you’re ready to use the seasoning, simply sprinkle it over your favorite meat or vegetables before cooking to add a delicious flavor boost.
By following these simple steps, you can easily make Lion’s Choice Seasoning at home and add a touch of their famous flavor to your own dishes.
Our Favorite Cut Of Beef To Use With Lion’s Choice Seasoning
When it comes to using Lion’s Choice Seasoning, our favorite cut of beef is the eye of round roast. This particular cut is lean, flavorful, and relatively inexpensive, making it an excellent choice for those on a budget. The eye of round roast requires a special roasting technique to cook it to tender perfection, but don’t worry – it’s incredibly easy and foolproof if you follow the directions.
Many grocery store chains carry this cut, and it can often be found at a great price. For example, my local Costco regularly carries a two-pack of prime eye of round roasts. While I haven’t tested it for myself, I believe this recipe would also work well with a top or bottom round roast. One of my recipe testers used a top sirloin roast with fabulous results, leading me to believe that a sirloin tip roast would also be a good choice.
No matter which cut of beef you choose, Lion’s Choice Seasoning will add the perfect blend of herbs and spices to elevate the flavor of your roast beef. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Tips For Cooking Beef To Perfection With Lion’s Choice Seasoning
Cooking beef to perfection with Lion’s Choice Seasoning is all about slow roasting and slicing against the grain. Here are some tips to help you achieve the best results:
1. Choose a cheap cut of meat: A rump roast is a great option for this recipe. It’s a cheaper cut of meat that becomes tender and flavorful when slow-roasted.
2. Pat the meat dry: Before seasoning the meat, make sure to pat it dry with a paper towel. This will help the seasoning stick to the meat and create a flavorful crust.
3. Rub generously with olive oil: After patting the meat dry, rub it generously with olive oil. This will help the seasoning stick to the meat and keep it moist while roasting.
4. Pre-mix the seasoning blend: It’s easier to pre-mix the Lion’s Choice Seasoning blend in a bowl before adding it to the meat. This ensures that all of the spices are evenly distributed.
5. Let the meat come to room temperature: After seasoning the meat, let it sit on your counter until it comes up to room temperature. This usually takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Allowing the meat to come to room temperature before roasting ensures that it cooks evenly.
6. Slow roast at 200°F: Preheat your oven to 200°F and roast the meat slowly until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F. Depending on the size of your roast and its thickness, this can take anywhere from 3 to 4 hours.
7. Use a meat thermometer: Investing in a good meat thermometer is crucial for this recipe. It’s easier to leave the thermometer in the meat while roasting instead of using an instant-read thermometer.
8. Let it rest: Once the roast reaches 130°F, pull it out of the oven and tent it with foil. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, making it more tender and flavorful.
By following these tips and using Lion’s Choice Seasoning, you’ll be able to make a delicious and tender deli-style roast beef that’s perfect for sandwiches or as a main dish.