Are you tired of seeing those pesky grey hairs popping up? Do you want to delay the onset of grey hair and restore your hair’s natural shine and softness?
Look no further than argan oil of Morocco! This miracle oil has been used for centuries to nourish and hydrate hair, prevent breakage and split ends, and even stimulate growth.
But did you know that argan oil can also help treat grey hair? In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of argan oil for grey hair and how it can be incorporated into your daily hair regimen.
Say goodbye to dull, lifeless grey hair and hello to healthy, vibrant locks with the power of argan oil.
How Does Argan Oil Of Morocco Treat Grey Hair?
As we age, our hair naturally loses its pigment and turns grey. While there is no cure for greying hair, argan oil of Morocco can help delay the onset of grey hair and restore its natural shine and softness.
Argan oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, polyphenols, and squalene, all of which help to nourish and hydrate the hair. It also contains active ingredients that protect the hair from the sun’s harmful UV rays and prevent it from drying out.
When used regularly, argan oil can help to stimulate growth and slow down the greying process. The nutrients in the oil encourage melanocytes to begin producing melanin, the protein responsible for our natural black pigment.
To incorporate argan oil into your daily hair regimen, look for a trichologist-certified variant that contains various beneficial natural ingredients. Avoid shampoos that contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), gluten, artificial colors, parabens, and DEA.
Understanding Grey Hair And Its Causes
Grey hair is a natural part of the aging process, and it occurs when the hair follicles stop producing melanin, the pigment that gives hair its color. As we age, the number of pigment-producing cells in our hair follicles decreases, leading to a loss of color and the appearance of grey or white hair.
Other factors that can contribute to premature greying include genetics, stress, smoking, and certain medical conditions. Grey hair can also be caused by environmental factors such as exposure to pollution, chlorine, and sunlight.
Grey hair tends to be dry and brittle, which can make it difficult to manage. It may also take on a yellow or coppery hue due to exposure to water, chlorine, and sunlight. To combat this, it is important to use a silver shampoo that contains blue-purple pigments to neutralize the yellow tint.
To keep grey hair looking healthy and shiny, it is important to use a nourishing conditioner that is specifically formulated for grey hair. Ingredients such as shea butter, aloe vera, argan oil, jojoba oil, and honey can help moisturize and condition the hair while eliminating frizz and promoting shine.
In addition to using nourishing hair products, it is important to minimize heat styling and exposure to environmental factors that can damage the hair. Using argan oil regularly can also help to protect the hair from sun damage while promoting growth and slowing down the greying process.
The Benefits Of Argan Oil For Grey Hair
Argan oil is an effective solution for aging hair when used in combination with botanical-based shampoo. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the hair, making it shiny, soft, and less prone to breakage. Argan oil also helps to eliminate dandruff, treat brittle hair, and soothe a dry and itchy scalp.
Grey hair can often become coarse and take on a yellow glow due to water, chlorine, and sunlight exposure. Argan oil can neutralize the yellow tint by nourishing and conditioning the hair, making it easy to comb and leaving it smooth and shiny. It can also prevent grey hair from turning yellow after heat treatment.
Additionally, argan oil can stimulate growth and slow down the greying process by encouraging melanocytes to produce melanin. The antioxidants and polyphenols in argan oil help to keep the hair moisturized and promote hair growth.
When using argan oil on grey hair, it is important to apply it sparingly and focus on the ends of the hair rather than the scalp. Full-strength argan oil is ideal for thick, curly or heavily colored hair, while a blended or lightweight version is suitable for most types of hair.
While there is no scientific evidence to show that argan oil can help with hair growth on its own, the phenols found in argan oil have been shown to be stimulating for the scalp and promote hair growth when used in combination with other proven hair loss treatments.
How To Use Argan Oil For Grey Hair Treatment
If you’re looking to use argan oil for grey hair treatment, here are some tips to help you get the most out of this natural solution:
1. Choose the right type of argan oil: Full-strength argan oil is ideal for thick, curly, or heavily colored hair. For fine hair or hair that tends to get oily, a blended or lightweight version is better.
2. Apply sparingly: Use a light touch when applying argan oil and focus it on the ends of your hair, away from your scalp. Too much oil can weigh your hair down and make it look greasy.
3. Use it in combination with botanical-based shampoo: Look for a shampoo that contains no harmful ingredients like silicones, sulphates, and parabens. The nutrients in argan oil work best when used in combination with a gentle shampoo that nourishes and hydrates your hair.
4. Leave it on for an hour before washing it off: For a deep conditioning treatment, apply argan oil to your hair and leave it on for an hour before washing it off. This will help to restore shine and softness to your hair.
5. Use it regularly: To see the best results, use argan oil on a regular basis. Incorporate it into your daily hair regimen by pouring 3-4 drops per one portion of your organic shampoo, and use 2-3 portions depending on your hair length.
Incorporating argan oil into your daily hair regimen can help delay the onset of grey hair and restore its natural shine and softness. With these tips, you can use argan oil for grey hair treatment and enjoy the benefits of this natural solution.
DIY Argan Oil Hair Masks For Grey Hair
If you’re looking for a natural and effective way to treat grey hair, DIY argan oil hair masks are a great option. Here are some easy and simple recipes that you can try at home:
1. Argan Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tbsp argan oil
– 4 drops lavender or peppermint oil
1. Mix the coconut oil and argan oil in a small bowl.
2. Heat the mixture on low heat until clear.
3. Once cooled, add the essential oils and mix well.
4. Apply the mixture evenly to your damp hair using your hands, focusing on the roots and scalp.
5. Let it sit for 1-2 hours, then wash it out and shampoo as needed.
6. Repeat the hair mask once a week.
Coconut oil is known to repair brittle hair and split ends, while argan oil has great moisturizing properties due to its richness in vitamin E and fatty acids. Adding essential oils such as lavender or peppermint can provide additional benefits for both the hair and scalp.
2. Argan Oil and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
– 2 tbsp pure aloe vera gel
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1-2 tbsp argan oil
1. Mix together the aloe vera gel, olive oil, and argan oil in a bowl.
2. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair.
3. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
4. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
5. Reapply this argan oil hair mask twice a week.
Aloe vera gel is known for its soothing properties, while olive oil can help to nourish and strengthen the hair. Combining these ingredients with argan oil can provide a powerful treatment for grey hair.
3. Argan Oil, Honey, and Olive Oil Hair Mask
– 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
– 1 tbsp pure argan oil
– 1 tbsp raw, organic honey
– Optional: a few drops of lavender or essential oil of your choice
1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. If using coconut oil or honey that is thick and difficult to mix, use a blender or warm everything up together in a saucepan for easier mixing.
3. Apply the mask evenly over your hair, section by section, and massage it into your scalp.
4. Focus on your ends to help manage damaged split-ends and breakage, and on your scalp to stimulate healthy hair growth.
5. Leave the mask on for 15-30+ minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.
6. If you have naturally oily hair, make sure to shampoo and lather well to avoid greasy looking hair post-mask.
This DIY argan oil hair mask combines the benefits of extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil with pure argan oil and raw honey to create a nourishing treatment for grey hair. Adding lavender or other essential oils can provide additional benefits such as scent and relaxation properties.
Remember to be cautious while heating the oils to prevent accidental burns, and always use high-quality ingredients for best results. With regular use of these DIY argan oil hair masks, you can help delay the onset of grey hair while restoring its natural shine and softness.
Other Natural Remedies For Grey Hair Prevention And Treatment
Apart from argan oil, there are several other natural remedies that can help prevent and treat grey hair. Some of these remedies include:
– Coconut oil: Massaging coconut oil onto your hair and scalp before bed and washing it off the next morning can help nourish and hydrate your hair, preventing premature greying.
– Ginger: Eating a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger mixed with honey every day can help improve blood circulation to the scalp and promote healthy hair growth.
– Blackstrap molasses: Consuming a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses every other day can help reverse the greying process, as it is believed to be rich in copper, which is essential for melanin production.
– Amla: Drinking fresh amla juice every day or massaging your hair with amla oil once a week can help prevent premature greying and promote healthy hair growth.
– Black sesame seeds: Eating a tablespoon of black sesame seeds two to three times a week can help slow down and possibly reverse the greying process, as they are rich in copper, zinc, and iron.
– Ghee: Massaging your hair and scalp with pure ghee twice a week can help nourish and strengthen your hair, preventing premature greying.
– Wheatgrass juice: Drinking fresh wheatgrass juice every day or adding wheatgrass powder to your soups and smoothies can help promote healthy hair growth and delay the onset of grey hair.
– Fo-ti: Taking fo-ti supplements twice a day with food can help reverse the greying process, as it is believed to nourish the kidneys and liver, which are responsible for melanin production.
– Onion: Rubbing onion juice into your scalp twice a week and leaving it in place for 30 minutes before shampooing can help promote healthy hair growth and prevent premature greying.
– Curry leaves: Making a paste of curry leaves and yogurt and applying it to your hair and scalp two to three times a week can help prevent premature greying and promote healthy hair growth.
– Ashwagandha: Taking ashwagandha supplements with food can help nourish the adrenal glands, which are responsible for melanin production.
– Almond oil and lemon juice: Mixing equal parts of almond oil, lemon juice, and amla juice and massaging the mixture into your hair and scalp twice a day for three months can help prevent premature greying and restore natural color, bounce, and gloss to your hair.
– Rosemary: Filling an 8-ounce jar with dried rosemary and extra virgin olive oil, leaving it in a sunny place for four to six weeks, shaking it every few days, and using it as a hair oil can help nourish and strengthen your hair, preventing premature greying.
Final Thoughts: Embracing Your Grey Hair With Confidence
As we age, it’s common to feel self-conscious about our grey hair. But with the help of argan oil, we can embrace our natural hair color with confidence. Argan oil helps to nourish and hydrate the hair, restoring its natural shine and softness. It also stimulates growth and slows down the greying process by encouraging melanocytes to produce melanin.
It’s important to remember that there is no shame in having grey hair. In fact, many people find it to be a sign of wisdom and maturity. By using argan oil and other natural hair products, we can maintain healthy and vibrant hair at any age.
If you’re struggling to embrace your grey hair, consider talking to your hairstylist about different styles and cuts that will complement your natural hair color. With a little bit of confidence and the right hair care routine, you can rock your grey locks with pride.