Are you a fan of Cajun and Creole cuisine?
Do you want to add some authentic Louisiana flavor to your dishes?
Look no further than Kevin Belton’s signature Creole seasoning blend.
This blend of herbs and spices is the perfect way to add a kick of flavor to any dish, from gumbo to jambalaya.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the ingredients in Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning and how you can use it in your own cooking.
So grab a bowl and let’s get started!
What Creole Seasoning Does Kevin Belton Use?
Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning blend is a carefully crafted combination of herbs and spices that perfectly captures the essence of Louisiana cuisine.
To make this seasoning, Kevin Belton uses a small bowl to mix together oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, paprika, thyme, dried basil, black pepper, and salt.
The result is a flavorful blend that can be used to add depth and complexity to a wide range of dishes.
Whether you’re making a classic gumbo or trying your hand at a new recipe, Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning is sure to take your dish to the next level.
Who Is Kevin Belton And Why Is His Creole Seasoning Blend So Popular?
Kevin Belton is a renowned chef who has spent almost 30 years teaching the foundation of Louisiana cooking to appreciative audiences. He is a true Creole New Orleanian who dishes up the culinary history of his city with recipes that provide both down-home comfort and big flavors. Belton is known for his entertaining cooking style and his ability to share family recipes and personal tips for making seafood gumbo, pralines, shrimp remoulade, chicken Clemenceau, and many other New Orleans specialties.
Belton’s Creole seasoning blend has become extremely popular among food enthusiasts due to its unique blend of strongly-flavored ingredients that enhance flavors. The seasoning can be used to marinate fish, meats, or even prepare various Kevin Belton recipes. This seasoning blend is a carefully crafted combination of herbs and spices that perfectly captures the essence of Louisiana cuisine. The blend includes oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, paprika, thyme, dried basil, black pepper, and salt.
Belton’s Creole seasoning blend has become a staple in many kitchens due to its versatility and ability to add depth and complexity to a wide range of dishes. Whether you’re making a classic gumbo or trying your hand at a new recipe, Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning is sure to take your dish to the next level.
What Are The Key Ingredients In Kevin Belton’s Creole Seasoning?
Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning blend includes a variety of key ingredients that are essential to capturing the authentic flavors of Louisiana cuisine.
One of the primary ingredients is ground cayenne pepper, which adds a spicy kick to the seasoning. Additionally, garlic powder is used to infuse the blend with a rich, savory flavor.
Other key ingredients include oregano, onion powder, white pepper, paprika, thyme, dried basil, black pepper, and salt. Each of these ingredients contributes its own unique flavor and aroma to the seasoning blend, resulting in a complex and well-rounded taste.
How To Make Kevin Belton’s Creole Seasoning At Home.
If you want to try your hand at making Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning at home, it’s actually quite simple. You’ll need a small bowl and the following ingredients:
– 2 tablespoons dried oregano
– 2 tablespoons garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons onion powder
– 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
– 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
– 1 tablespoon paprika
– 1 tablespoon dried thyme
– 1 tablespoon dried basil
– 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon salt
To make the seasoning, simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to your liking if you prefer your seasoning to be spicier or milder.
Once you’ve made the seasoning, you can use it to add flavor to a wide range of dishes, from classic Louisiana gumbo to grilled meats and vegetables. Simply sprinkle a little bit of the seasoning over your dish before cooking or use it as a rub for meats.
With Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning blend, you can bring the bold and vibrant flavors of Louisiana cuisine into your own kitchen.
Tips For Using Kevin Belton’s Creole Seasoning In Your Cooking.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning in your cooking:
1. Use it as a rub: Rub the seasoning blend onto meats, poultry, or fish before grilling, roasting, or baking. This will infuse the meat with flavor and create a delicious crust.
2. Add it to soups and stews: Sprinkle the seasoning into your favorite soups and stews to give them a rich, savory flavor. It works particularly well in gumbo, jambalaya, and other Cajun and Creole dishes.
3. Mix it into dips and spreads: Add a tablespoon or two of the seasoning blend to mayonnaise, sour cream, or cream cheese to create a flavorful dip or spread for crackers or veggies.
4. Use it as a seasoning for vegetables: Toss vegetables like potatoes, carrots, and green beans with a little bit of oil and Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning before roasting or sautéing. The seasoning will add a delicious kick to your veggies.
5. Experiment with different amounts: Don’t be afraid to play around with the amount of seasoning you use in your dishes. Start with a little bit and add more until you find the perfect balance of flavors for your taste buds.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to use Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning to create delicious and authentic Louisiana dishes that are sure to impress your family and friends.
Recipes To Try With Kevin Belton’s Creole Seasoning.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on how to use Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning, here are a few recipes to try:
1. Creole Shrimp and Grits: This classic Southern dish gets a spicy twist with Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning. Sauté shrimp with onions, peppers, and garlic, then serve over creamy grits seasoned with the spice blend.
2. Blackened Fish Tacos: Rub your favorite white fish with Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning and blacken it in a hot skillet. Serve in warm tortillas with shredded cabbage, avocado, and lime wedges.
3. Jambalaya: This hearty one-pot meal is a staple in Louisiana cuisine. Brown chicken and sausage in a large pot, then add rice, vegetables, and Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning for a flavorful and satisfying dinner.
4. Cajun Chicken Alfredo: Take your classic Alfredo recipe up a notch by adding Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning to the sauce. Sauté chicken with onions and peppers, then toss with the spicy Alfredo sauce and pasta.
5. Red Beans and Rice: This classic New Orleans dish is made even better with Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning. Simmer red beans with sausage and seasonings until they’re tender and flavorful, then serve over rice.
These are just a few ideas for incorporating Kevin Belton’s Creole seasoning into your meals. With its bold flavor and versatility, the possibilities are endless!