Are you a fan of Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend? Have you been struggling to find it in stores lately?
You’re not alone. Many people have been wondering if this beloved seasoning has been discontinued.
Fear not, we’ve done some research and have the answers you’re looking for.
Read on to find out the latest on Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend and where you can still get your hands on it.
Is Morton Nature Seasoning Discontinued?
The short answer is no, Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has not been discontinued. However, it may be harder to find in stores due to its popularity and high demand.
Some customers have reported difficulty finding the seasoning in their local grocery stores, leading to speculation that it may have been discontinued. However, Morton Salt has confirmed that the product is still being produced and sold.
The History Of Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend
Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has been a popular seasoning option for many years. It is a savory blend of natural spices, including onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and other spices that enhance the flavor of food without overpowering it. The seasoning blend is also 100% MSG-free, making it a healthier option for those who are conscious of their sodium intake.
Morton Salt, the company behind the seasoning blend, has been in the business of producing high-quality salt and seasonings for over 165 years. The company was founded in 1848 by Joy Morton, who began his career in the salt industry at the age of 18.
Over the years, Morton Salt has expanded its product line to include a variety of seasoning blends, including Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend. The seasoning blend has become a staple in many households across the United States due to its versatility and delicious flavor.
In recent years, Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has undergone some changes to make it even healthier for consumers. The low-sodium version of the seasoning contains 25% less sodium than the original blend, making it an excellent option for people who want to reduce their sodium intake.
Despite its popularity and high demand, Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has not been discontinued. It is still being produced and sold by Morton Salt, although it may be harder to find in some stores due to its popularity. However, customers can still purchase the seasoning blend online or through specialty stores that carry Morton Salt products.
Why People Love Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend
Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has become a beloved staple in many kitchens for several reasons. Firstly, it is a versatile seasoning that can be used on a variety of dishes, from meats and vegetables to soups and stews. Its blend of onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and other natural spices adds a savory flavor to food without overpowering it.
Another reason people love Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend is that it is 100% MSG-free. Many people are sensitive to MSG or prefer to avoid it in their diet, making this seasoning a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
Additionally, Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend offers a low-sodium option for those who want to lower their sodium intake. With 25% less sodium than the original blend, it allows people to enjoy the same great taste without compromising their health.
Lastly, Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has a loyal following of customers who have been using it for years and swear by its taste and quality. Its popularity has led to it being a go-to seasoning for many home cooks and chefs alike.
The Rumors Of Discontinuation
Despite Morton Salt’s confirmation that Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend is still being produced and sold, rumors of its discontinuation have been circulating among some customers. These rumors may have been fueled by the difficulty some customers have experienced in finding the seasoning in their local stores.
It’s important to note that the popularity of Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend has led to high demand, which can sometimes result in temporary shortages. Additionally, some stores may choose to stop carrying certain products for various reasons, which could also contribute to the perception of discontinuation.
However, Morton Salt has reassured customers that the seasoning blend is still available for purchase. It’s possible that some stores may simply be out of stock or have chosen not to carry it, but interested customers can still find the product online or in other stores.
Alternatives To Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend
If you’re unable to find Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend in your local grocery store, don’t worry! There are plenty of alternatives that can provide similar flavors and aromas to your dishes. Here are some options:
1. Homemade seasoning blend: If you have some basic spices in your pantry, you can create your own seasoning blend that mimics the flavors of Morton’s Nature Seasoning. Mix together equal parts of onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. You can also add other spices like paprika, cumin, or dried herbs like thyme or rosemary to customize the blend to your liking.
2. Mrs. Dash Original Blend: Mrs. Dash is a popular seasoning brand that offers a wide range of flavors. Their Original Blend is a salt-free option that includes onion, garlic, black pepper, and other natural spices. It’s a great alternative if you’re looking for a low-sodium seasoning option.
3. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt: Lawry’s Seasoned Salt is another popular seasoning blend that can be used as a substitute for Morton Nature’s Seasoning. It includes salt, sugar, paprika, turmeric, onion powder, and garlic powder among other ingredients.
4. Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute: This seasoning blend from Trader Joe’s includes 21 different spices and herbs including onion, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt. It’s a versatile seasoning that can be used on everything from meats to vegetables.
5. McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning: If you’re looking for a seasoning blend with a bolder flavor profile, McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning is a great option. It includes garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and other spices that add a smoky and savory flavor to your dishes.
How To Make Your Own Seasoning Blend At Home
If you’re having trouble finding Morton Nature’s Seasoning Blend in stores, or if you’re looking for a more customizable and cost-effective option, making your own seasoning blend at home is a great solution. Here’s how:
1. Decide which spices you want to include in your blend. Some popular options include garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
2. Determine the ratios of each spice you want to use. You can experiment with different ratios to find the perfect blend for your taste preferences.
3. Gather your ingredients and mix them together in a bowl. Be sure to mix well to ensure that each spice is evenly distributed.
4. Transfer your seasoning blend into a container for storage. Mason jars or other airtight containers work well.
5. Label your container with the name of your seasoning blend and the date it was made.
Making your own seasoning blend at home allows you to control the ingredients and avoid any unnecessary additives or preservatives. Plus, it’s a fun and creative way to experiment with different flavor combinations. Give it a try and see how delicious your homemade seasoning can be!