Are you a fan of Subway’s chipotle sauce? Have you ever wondered what exactly goes into making this delicious condiment?
Look no further! In this article, we’ll dive into the ingredients that make up Subway’s chipotle sauce and even provide a copycat recipe for you to try at home.
Whether you’re looking to spice up your sandwiches or add some zing to your salads, this sauce is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
So, let’s get started and uncover the secrets behind Subway’s chipotle sauce!
What Is Subway’s Chipotle Sauce Made Of?
Subway’s chipotle sauce is a creamy and zesty condiment that adds a burst of flavor to any dish. The main ingredients used in this southern-style sauce are ranch, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, vinegar or lime juice, onion powder, and garlic powder.
The ranch and mayonnaise provide the creamy base for the sauce, while the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce gives it a smoky and spicy flavor. The vinegar or lime juice adds a tangy kick, while the onion and garlic powder provide additional depth of flavor.
Subway’s chipotle sauce is versatile and can be used as a spread on sandwiches and burgers, a dip for fries and chicken wings, or even as a salad dressing.
The History Of Subway’s Chipotle Sauce
Subway’s chipotle sauce has been a staple on their menu for many years. It was first introduced as part of their “Southwest” menu, which included items such as the Southwest Chicken Wrap and the Southwest Steak and Cheese Sandwich.
The popularity of the chipotle sauce led to it being offered as a condiment for all sandwiches, and it quickly became a fan favorite. Subway even offers a “Chipotle Southwest” sauce as one of their signature sauces, alongside other popular options such as Honey Mustard and Sweet Onion.
While Subway’s chipotle sauce is not available for purchase outside of their restaurants, many people have attempted to replicate the recipe at home. The ingredients are simple and easy to find, making it a popular DIY condiment among Subway fans.
The Ingredients In Subway’s Chipotle Sauce
Subway’s chipotle sauce is made with a combination of simple yet flavorful ingredients. The main ingredients include:
1. Ranch Dressing: This creamy dressing provides the base for the sauce and adds richness to the overall flavor.
2. Mayonnaise: Another creamy ingredient that helps to thicken the sauce and give it a smooth texture.
3. Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce: This is the star ingredient that gives the sauce its smoky and spicy flavor. The amount of chipotle pepper used in the sauce determines the level of spiciness.
4. Vinegar or Lime Juice: This tangy ingredient adds a zesty kick to the sauce and helps to balance out the richness of the ranch and mayonnaise.
5. Onion Powder: This ingredient provides an additional layer of flavor to the sauce, adding depth and complexity.
6. Garlic Powder: Similar to onion powder, garlic powder also adds flavor and enhances the overall taste of the sauce.
Subway’s chipotle sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make condiment that can be used in a variety of dishes. With its creamy texture, smoky flavor, and tangy kick, it is sure to add a burst of delish to any meal.
The Nutritional Value Of Subway’s Chipotle Sauce
Subway’s Chipotle Southwest Sauce contains 100 calories, 10 grams of fat, and 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving. The % Daily Value (DV) indicates that a serving of this sauce contributes to a daily diet. It is important to note that the DV is based on a 2,000 calorie diet and may vary depending on individual needs.
While the sauce may be tasty, it is not considered a healthy option by many. According to Subway’s website visitors, only 36% of voters found it to be healthy and nutritious. It is important to keep in mind that this sauce should be consumed in moderation due to its high calorie and fat content.
How To Make A Copycat Recipe Of Subway’s Chipotle Sauce At Home
If you’re a fan of Subway’s chipotle sauce, you can easily make a copycat version at home with just a few simple ingredients. Here’s how:
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup ranch dressing (you can use the Hidden Valley Original brand)
– 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you can adjust the amount based on your desired level of spiciness)
– 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar or lime juice
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, vinegar or lime juice, onion powder, and garlic powder.
2. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined and the sauce is smooth.
3. Transfer the sauce to a jar or container with a lid.
4. Refrigerate the sauce for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Enjoy your homemade copycat Subway chipotle sauce on sandwiches, burgers, wraps, quesadillas, fries, or as a salad dressing.
– If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can also mix all the ingredients together in a bowl using an immersion blender.
– The sauce will thicken as it sits in the fridge. If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add a tablespoon of water or milk.
– This sauce can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
– Make sure your onion and garlic powder are fresh for optimal flavor.
– Use a good quality food processor or blender for the best consistency.
Creative Ways To Use Subway’s Chipotle Sauce In Your Cooking
If you’re a fan of Subway’s chipotle sauce, you’ll be happy to know that there are many creative ways to incorporate it into your cooking. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Chipotle Chicken Tacos: Shred some cooked chicken and mix it with the chipotle sauce. Serve it in taco shells with your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
2. Chipotle BBQ Meatballs: Mix the chipotle sauce with your favorite BBQ sauce and pour it over cooked meatballs. Bake in the oven until heated through.
3. Chipotle Ranch Dip: Mix the chipotle sauce with ranch dressing for a spicy dip that’s perfect for veggies, chips, or chicken wings.
4. Chipotle Mac and Cheese: Mix the chipotle sauce with cooked macaroni and cheese for a spicy twist on a classic comfort food.
5. Chipotle Mayo: Mix the chipotle sauce with mayonnaise for a spicy spread that’s perfect for sandwiches, burgers, or even as a dip for fries.
6. Chipotle Caesar Salad Dressing: Mix the chipotle sauce with Caesar dressing for a smoky and spicy twist on a classic salad dressing.
7. Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries: Drizzle the chipotle sauce over roasted sweet potato fries for a delicious and spicy side dish.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but the possibilities are endless. Experiment with different combinations and find your favorite way to use Subway’s chipotle sauce in your cooking.