Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make sauce that doesn’t require soy sauce?
Look no further than this honey garlic sauce recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a sweet and savory sauce that pairs perfectly with chicken, salmon, or even vegetables.
Plus, this recipe uses fresh garlic instead of garlic powder for an extra burst of flavor. So grab your whisk and get ready to impress your taste buds with this homemade honey garlic sauce!
How To Make Honey Garlic Sauce Without Soy Sauce?
To make this honey garlic sauce without soy sauce, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 7-8 cloves garlic, minced and separated (~1 1/2 tablespoons)
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
First, heat up some butter or oil in a pan and whisk it well until it becomes bubbly. Then, add the freshly grated garlic and sauté for a few seconds until it becomes aromatic and starts to change color.
Next, add the honey and whisk well to form a thick, sticky sauce. Add the brown sugar and rice vinegar, and give it a good mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a separate bowl, mix together the water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Then, add this mixture to the pan with the honey garlic sauce and stir well.
Cook the sauce over medium heat until it thickens to your desired consistency. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
Once the sauce is done, remove it from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. This honey garlic sauce is perfect for dipping chicken wings or drizzling over roasted vegetables.
Ingredients Needed For The Sauce
To make a delicious honey garlic sauce without soy sauce, you’ll need a few key ingredients. These include:
– Honey: This natural sweetener will give your sauce the perfect balance of sweetness and stickiness.
– Brown sugar: Adding brown sugar to the mix will deepen the flavor of the sauce and give it a rich, molasses-like taste.
– Garlic: You’ll need plenty of garlic to give your sauce that bold, garlicky flavor. Freshly minced garlic is best.
– Rice vinegar: This mild vinegar adds acidity to the sauce and helps to balance out the sweetness.
– Water: You’ll need a bit of water to help thin out the sauce and create the perfect consistency.
– Cornstarch: This ingredient acts as a thickener, helping to give your sauce that luxurious, sticky texture.
To make the sauce, simply heat up some butter or oil in a pan and sauté the garlic until it becomes aromatic. Then, add the honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and water to the pan, and stir well. In a separate bowl, mix together some cornstarch and water until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Add this mixture to the pan with the honey garlic sauce and cook over medium heat until it thickens to your desired consistency. Once done, remove from heat and let it cool before serving. This sauce is perfect for dipping chicken wings or drizzling over roasted vegetables.
Step-by-step Instructions For Making The Sauce
1. Melt butter or oil in a pan and whisk until it becomes bubbly.
2. Add freshly grated garlic and sauté for a few seconds until it becomes aromatic and starts to change color.
3. Add honey and whisk well to form a thick, sticky sauce.
4. Add brown sugar and rice vinegar, and give it a good mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
6. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan with the honey garlic sauce and stir well.
7. Cook the sauce over medium heat until it thickens to your desired consistency, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
8. Once the sauce is done, remove it from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This honey garlic sauce is versatile and can be used as a dipping sauce for chicken wings or drizzled over roasted vegetables. It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. By following these step-by-step instructions, you’ll have a delicious honey garlic sauce without soy sauce in no time!
Tips For Customizing The Sauce To Your Taste Preferences
Here are some tips on how to customize this honey garlic sauce to your taste preferences:
– Add more or less garlic: If you love garlic, feel free to add more cloves to the sauce. On the other hand, if you prefer a milder flavor, reduce the amount of garlic.
– Adjust the sweetness: If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add more honey or brown sugar. For a less sweet sauce, reduce the amount of honey or brown sugar.
– Make it spicy: If you like a bit of heat, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the sauce. Alternatively, you can add some hot sauce or sriracha for a spicy kick.
– Use different vinegar: Rice vinegar is used in this recipe, but you can use other types of vinegar such as apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar for a different flavor profile.
– Add some soy sauce substitute: If you want to add some umami flavor to the sauce without using soy sauce, try adding some miso paste or coconut aminos.
By following these tips, you can easily customize this honey garlic sauce to your liking and create a delicious sauce that complements your favorite dishes.
Delicious Dishes To Pair With Honey Garlic Sauce
Honey garlic sauce is a versatile condiment that pairs well with a variety of dishes. Here are some delicious options to try:
1. Honey Garlic Chicken: This classic dish is the perfect match for honey garlic sauce. Simply coat your chicken in the sauce before baking or grilling for a sweet and savory entree.
2. Roasted Vegetables: Drizzle honey garlic sauce over roasted vegetables like potatoes, brussels sprouts, or carrots for an extra burst of flavor.
3. Garlic Mashed Potatoes: This comforting side dish is taken to the next level with the addition of honey garlic sauce. Drizzle it over the mashed potatoes for a delicious twist.
4. Cauliflower Fried Rice: This healthy and flavorful side dish is a great option for those looking for a low-carb alternative to traditional fried rice. Mix in some honey garlic sauce for an added layer of flavor.
5. Lemon Ginger Broccoli: This simple yet flavorful side dish pairs well with honey garlic sauce. Sauté broccoli with fresh ginger and lemon juice, then drizzle with honey garlic sauce before serving.
6. Zucchini Noodles: For a light and refreshing side dish, try zucchini noodles tossed with honey garlic sauce. Top with some sesame seeds for added crunch.
7. Roasted Edamame: Roasted edamame is a healthy and delicious snack that pairs well with honey garlic sauce. Toss the edamame in the sauce before roasting for maximum flavor.
8. Asian Slaw: This colorful and crunchy salad is a great option for those looking for a refreshing side dish. Toss the slaw with honey garlic sauce for a sweet and tangy dressing.
9. Vegetable Egg Rolls: These crispy and flavorful appetizers are perfect for dipping in honey garlic sauce. Serve them up at your next party or gathering.
10. Bok Choy Salad: This light and refreshing salad is a great way to showcase the flavors of honey garlic sauce. Toss bok choy with some sliced almonds, sesame seeds, and honey garlic dressing for a delicious side dish.
Health Benefits Of Using Fresh Garlic In Your Cooking
Fresh garlic is not only a delicious ingredient, but it also provides numerous health benefits. Garlic contains a variety of plant compounds that have medicinal properties, such as immune-boosting and antioxidant benefits. Additionally, garlic has been shown to detoxify heavy metals in the body, lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol, improve exercise performance and fatigue, stabilize blood sugar levels, and protect brain health while improving memory.
When using fresh garlic in your cooking, it’s important to note that raw garlic contains higher levels of allicin, which is a compound that provides many of the health benefits mentioned above. Therefore, it’s best to use raw garlic in smaller quantities to maximize its nutritional value. However, cooked garlic can still provide some health benefits and is a great ingredient to incorporate into your meals.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Honey Garlic Sauce Without Soy Sauce.
If you’re looking to make honey garlic sauce without soy sauce, you may have some questions. Here are some frequently asked questions to help you out:
Q: Can I substitute soy sauce with anything else?
A: Yes, you can use Worcestershire sauce or tamari sauce as a substitute for soy sauce.
Q: Can I use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic?
A: While fresh garlic is recommended for the best flavor, you can use garlic powder as a substitute if needed.
Q: What can I use instead of rice vinegar?
A: You can use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar as a substitute for rice vinegar.
Q: How do I adjust the sweetness of the sauce?
A: You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less honey or brown sugar, depending on your preference.
Q: Can I make this sauce ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just reheat it before using.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make a delicious honey garlic sauce without soy sauce that will impress your family and friends.