Are you a fan of Subway’s chipotle sauce? Do you find yourself craving its creamy texture and perfect balance of spice and tang?
If so, you may be wondering if it’s possible to purchase this delicious sauce for use at home. While the actual Subway brand of chipotle sauce is unavailable for purchase, there are alternatives available.
In this article, we’ll explore the ingredients that make up Subway’s chipotle sauce, how to make a copycat version at home, and where to find similar sauces on the market.
So, let’s dive in and satisfy those chipotle cravings!
Can You Buy Subway Chipotle Sauce?
Unfortunately, the actual Subway brand of chipotle sauce is not available for purchase. However, there are similar sauces on the market that can satisfy your cravings.
One option is Heinz Southwest Chipotle sauce, which has a similar flavor profile to Subway’s chipotle sauce. However, it does contain eggs and may not be suitable for those who are vegan or allergic to eggs.
Another option is to make a copycat version of Subway’s chipotle sauce at home. The main ingredients used in Subway’s chipotle sauce are ranch, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, and salt. By combining these ingredients in the right proportions, you can create a delicious homemade version of Subway’s chipotle sauce.
What Is Subway Chipotle Sauce?
Subway Chipotle Sauce is a zesty and flavorful sauce that is used on their menu items, particularly their sandwiches and salads. The main ingredients used in this sauce are ranch, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, and salt. The chipotle pepper in adobo sauce is the main ingredient that gives the sauce its smoky and spicy flavor. The sauce has a creamy texture with a good balance of spice and tang, with a hint of acidity. It can add a burst of flavor to almost any dish, from a tuna sandwich to a chicken salad. While the actual Subway brand of chipotle sauce is not available for purchase, you can easily make a copycat version at home using simple ingredients.
Why Can’t You Buy It?
One may wonder why the actual Subway brand of chipotle sauce is not available for purchase. Unfortunately, Subway has not made their sauce available for retail sale. It is likely that they want to keep their signature sauce exclusive to their own sandwiches and maintain control over their brand. However, this does not mean that you cannot enjoy the flavors of Subway’s chipotle sauce at home. With a little bit of effort, you can make your own version that is just as delicious.
DIY Copycat Recipe For Subway Chipotle Sauce
If you’re looking to make your own copycat version of Subway’s chipotle sauce, here’s a recipe to get you started:
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (blended)
– 1 tbsp white distilled vinegar
– 1 tbsp onion powder
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blended chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, white distilled vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, and salt.
2. Mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
3. For best results, refrigerate the sauce for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
This recipe yields approximately one cup of chipotle sauce, which can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Feel free to adjust the amount of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to your liking if you prefer a milder or spicier flavor.
Making your own copycat version of Subway’s chipotle sauce is a great way to enjoy the same delicious flavor at home. Plus, you can customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences and dietary restrictions.
Where To Find Similar Sauces On The Market
If you are looking for a similar sauce to Subway’s chipotle sauce, there are a few options available on the market. One popular choice is the Harris Teeter brand chipotle sauce, which has received high praise from fans of spicy sauces. Another option is the La Costena brand chipotle sauce, which is made with all-natural ingredients and has a smoky, spicy flavor.
If you prefer a vegan option, you can try the Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo, which is made with avocado oil and contains no eggs or dairy. This sauce has a tangy and slightly spicy flavor that pairs well with sandwiches and wraps.
For those who enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, there are many recipes available online for making your own chipotle sauce. Some recipes use sour cream or Greek yogurt as a base instead of mayonnaise, while others add additional spices or herbs for added flavor. With a little bit of creativity and experimentation, you can create a homemade chipotle sauce that rivals Subway’s signature sauce.
Tips For Using Chipotle Sauce At Home
If you decide to make your own chipotle sauce at home, here are some tips for using it:
1. Start with a small amount: Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be quite spicy, so it’s best to start with a small amount and adjust to your desired level of heat.
2. Use it as a spread or dip: Subway’s chipotle sauce is a versatile condiment that can be used as a spread on sandwiches or as a dip for fries, chips, or veggies.
3. Experiment with different dishes: Don’t limit yourself to just using chipotle sauce on sandwiches. Try it as a marinade for chicken or shrimp, or as a topping for tacos or nachos.
4. Store it properly: Homemade chipotle sauce should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can last up to a week. Be sure to stir it well before each use.
5. Customize to your taste: Feel free to adjust the ingredients in your homemade chipotle sauce to suit your taste preferences. Add more sugar for a sweeter sauce or more vinegar for a tangier flavor.