Are you tired of spending a fortune at the salon to get your hair colored?
Argan oil hair color is a great alternative that you can use in the comfort of your own home. One of the reasons it works so well is that you have to mix it right before you apply it to your hair.
But don’t worry, it’s a simple process that anyone can do. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to mix argan oil hair color with developer.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced at-home colorist, we’ve got you covered. So let’s get started!
How To Mix Argan Oil Hair Color With Developer?
First, let’s talk about the tools you’ll need. When you purchase the argan oil hair color, it will come with two things: the color cream and the developer. You’ll also need a tint bowl for mixing and a tint brush or applicator bottle for application.
The mixing ratio for argan oil hair color is 1:2. This means that one part hair color cream should be mixed with two parts developer. For medium-length hair, 1 oz. of hair color mixed with 2 oz. of developer for a total formula mixture of three oz. will be enough to get the right result.
To start, pour 2 ounces of developer into your mixing bowl. Your mixing bowl should have markings on the side, so observe keenly. Next, pour 1 ounce of the color cream into the bowl. Gently shake/mix thoroughly before applying to the hair.
It’s important to note that the processing time for argan oil hair color is 30 minutes for a standard application and 45 minutes for maximum gray coverage. If you’re covering gray, make sure to process for the full 45 minutes.
When applying the color, section your hair into four sections from ear to ear and down the center. Take 1/2-inch sections and apply color starting 1/2 inch away from the scalp. Apply color to the shaft of the hair, but if the ends are porous, don’t bring color through to them.
Once you’ve applied the color, let it process for the recommended time before rinsing, shampooing, and conditioning your hair.
Why Choose Argan Oil Hair Color?
Argan oil hair color is a breakthrough in the world of hair coloring. This type of hair color contains advanced micro pigments that combine with precious argan oil to give you luminous color, rich gray coverage, brilliant shine, and unmatched conditioning. The benefits of argan oil are numerous, and it is one of the best ingredients that can be added to hair color formulas.
Argan oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft to nourish, repair and lock in moisture, instantly smoothing the cuticle and improving elasticity. This means that argan oil hair color not only colors your hair but also strengthens it from the inside, ensuring that your hair looks healthier and shinier.
Using argan oil as a pre-treatment before coloring your hair can help add moisture and prevent further damage from hair dye. It can also help to reduce breakage and split ends, keeping your scalp healthy and preventing hair loss for thicker, fuller hair.
Unlike modern hair dyes and colors that are chemically derived and have very potent chemicals which are toxic to our health and damaging to the hair, argan oil hair color uses a low-ammonia formula that provides deep color penetration and longer-lasting, consistent results.
What You’ll Need To Mix Argan Oil Hair Color With Developer
To mix Argan Oil Hair Color with Developer, you’ll need a few essential tools. These include:
1. Argan Oil Hair Color: The hair color cream is the first thing you need to mix with the developer. When purchasing the product, make sure to choose the right shade and level for your hair.
2. Developer: The developer is the second component you’ll need to mix with the hair color cream. The mixing ratio for Argan Oil Hair Color is 1:2, which means one part hair color cream should be mixed with two parts developer.
3. Tint Bowl: A tint bowl is required for mixing the hair color and developer. Make sure to choose a bowl that has measurement markings on the side.
4. Tint Brush or Applicator Bottle: You’ll also need a tint brush or applicator bottle for applying the hair color mixture to your hair.
5. Plastic Gloves: It’s important to wear plastic gloves when applying the hair color mixture to avoid staining your hands.
6. Sectioning Clips: Sectioning clips will help you divide your hair into four sections for easier application.
7. Shampoo and Conditioner: After processing the hair color, you’ll need to rinse, shampoo, and condition your hair.
By having these tools on hand, you’ll be able to mix Argan Oil Hair Color with Developer easily and achieve the desired result for your hair.
How To Measure The Argan Oil Hair Color And Developer
Measuring the argan oil hair color and developer is crucial for achieving the desired results. To measure without a scale, you’ll need plastic measuring cups. Make sure to use separate cups for the color cream and developer or clean out a single cup between uses to avoid any cross-contamination.
The mixing ratio for argan oil hair color is 1:2, so measure out one part of the color cream and two parts of the developer. For medium-length hair, 1 oz. of hair color mixed with 2 oz. of developer will be enough for a total formula mixture of three oz.
When measuring, make sure to scrape out every bit from your measuring cups into your mixing bowl to ensure that you have the exact amount each formula calls for.
It’s also important to determine the percentage of gray and the desired level and shade before mixing. Use 10 Volume developer for deposit only or 1 level of lift, 20 Volume developer for 2 levels of lift, 30 Volume developer for 3 levels of lift, and 40 Volume developer for 4 levels of lift.
By following these steps and measuring accurately, you’ll be able to mix the argan oil hair color with developer effectively and achieve beautiful results.
Tips For Applying Argan Oil Hair Color To Your Hair
Here are some tips to help you apply argan oil hair color to your hair:
1. Determine the natural depth or level of your hair, as well as the percentage of gray and the desired level and shade. This will help you choose the right developer and color cream.
2. Wear plastic gloves when applying the color to avoid staining your skin.
3. Mix the color cream and developer thoroughly before applying to ensure that the color is consistent.
4. Use a tint brush or applicator bottle to apply the color, starting 1/2 inch away from the scalp and working your way down to the ends of your hair.
5. If your ends are porous, avoid bringing the color through to them as this can cause damage.
6. For best results, let the color process for the recommended time before rinsing, shampooing, and conditioning your hair.
7. If you’re covering gray, make sure to process for the full 45 minutes to ensure maximum coverage.
8. Wait at least one week after a straightening or perm treatment before coloring your hair to avoid damaging it further.
By following these tips, you can achieve beautiful, vibrant hair with argan oil hair color.
Aftercare For Your Argan Oil Hair Color
After coloring your hair with argan oil hair color, it’s important to take care of your hair to maintain the vibrancy and shine of your new color. Here are some tips for aftercare:
1. Use salon recommended sulfate-free shampoo: Sulfate-free shampoo is gentle on colored hair and won’t strip away the color. Make sure to use a shampoo that is recommended by your salon or stylist.
2. Avoid direct sunlight exposure: When you’re out in the sun for an extended amount of time, wear a hat or use a scarf to protect your hair from direct sunlight exposure. UV rays can cause color fading and damage to your hair.
3. Use a clarifying shampoo: Use a clarifying shampoo once a month to remove built-up oils and product residue from your hair. This will help the dye better penetrate your strands for a richer, longer-lasting color. However, don’t wash your hair a day or two before you color it – squeaky clean hair doesn’t hold dye very well!
4. Use argan oil as a deep conditioner: Argan oil is a fast-absorbing natural emollient moisturizer that can help protect and moisturize your hair after coloring. You can use it as a deep conditioner or a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair healthy and shiny.
5. Avoid heavy oil treatments: Avoid heavy oil treatments that may weigh down or flatten your hair or cause scalp irritation. Stick to lightweight oils like argan oil.
By following these aftercare tips, you can keep your argan oil hair color looking vibrant and beautiful for longer. Remember to always use high-quality products and take good care of your hair to maintain its health and shine.