Are you tired of spending a fortune on medical cannabis products? Do you want to learn how to make your own infused oil at home?
Look no further! In this article, we will explore the process of infusing MCT oil with RSO, a potent cannabis concentrate. We will cover everything from the necessary supplies to the step-by-step instructions for creating your own infused oil.
Whether you are a high-frequency user or a small business owner, this guide is perfect for anyone looking to streamline the infusion process and reduce mess.
So, let’s dive in and learn how to make your own cannabis-infused MCT oil!
How To Infuse MCT Oil With RSO?
Before we get started, it’s important to note that the heating and mixing process is critical when infusing MCT oil with RSO. The flash point of MCT oil and the proportion of the mix are important factors to consider. It’s recommended to use a 12-ounce bottle of organic MCT oil and a gram of RSO for this recipe.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Pour the MCT oil into a saucepan and warm it on the lowest heat setting possible.
2. Squeeze out the entire contents of a 1-gram syringe of RSO into the warm oil.
3. Stir the mixture until the RSO is completely dissolved, which should take less than a minute.
4. Pour the RSO-infused oil into a glass bottle of your choice.
Congratulations! You have successfully infused MCT oil with RSO. This infused oil will have the same potency as the total milligram rating of your RSO.
What Is RSO And MCT Oil?
RSO, or Rick Simpson Oil, is a concentrated form of cannabis oil that is typically made by extracting cannabinoids from the cannabis plant using a grain-based alcohol. RSO is known for its high potency and therapeutic potential, but dosing can be tricky due to its concentrated nature.
MCT oil, on the other hand, is a type of oil that is derived from coconut oil. It is a popular carrier oil for cannabis infusions due to its high bioavailability and fast absorption rate. MCT oil is also known for its health benefits, including antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
When infusing MCT oil with RSO, it’s important to use caution and follow the recommended proportions to avoid any potential risks. The heating and mixing process are critical to ensure that the RSO is evenly distributed throughout the oil and that the flash point of the MCT oil is not exceeded.
By infusing RSO with MCT oil, you can create a potent and versatile cannabis infusion that can be used as a sublingual tincture or as a base for many cannabis-infused recipes. This infusion can also be diluted with additional MCT oil or coconut oil to make dosing easier and improve absorption.
Supplies Needed For Infusion
To infuse MCT oil with RSO, you’ll need the following supplies:
1. Organic MCT Oil: Use a 12-ounce bottle of organic MCT oil for this recipe.
2. RSO: You’ll need a gram of RSO for this recipe.
3. Saucepan: Use a saucepan to warm the MCT oil on the lowest heat setting possible.
4. Glass Bottle: Pour the RSO-infused oil into a glass bottle of your choice for storage.
Make sure to use caution when heating and mixing the oil and RSO, as the flash point of MCT oil can be low. With these supplies, you’ll be able to make your own cannabis-infused MCT oil at home.
Step-by-step Instructions For Infusing MCT Oil With RSO
If you want to make your own cannabis-infused MCT oil at home, here is a step-by-step guide for infusing MCT oil with RSO:
1. First, gather your ingredients. You will need a 12-ounce bottle of organic MCT oil and a gram of RSO.
2. Pour the MCT oil into a saucepan and warm it on the lowest heat setting possible. Be careful not to overheat the oil, as it can have a low flash point.
3. Squeeze out the entire contents of a 1-gram syringe of RSO into the warm oil.
4. Stir the mixture until the RSO is completely dissolved, which should take less than a minute. It’s important to make sure that the RSO is evenly distributed throughout the oil.
5. Pour the RSO-infused oil into a glass bottle of your choice. Mason jars or other reusable glassware are great options.
6. Your infused MCT oil is now ready to use! You can use it as a sublingual tincture or as a base for many cannabis-infused recipes.
It’s important to note that this recipe will produce an infused oil with the same potency as the total milligram rating of your RSO. Additionally, it’s recommended to consult a medical professional before using any cannabis products for medicinal purposes.
Dosage And Usage Recommendations
When it comes to using RSO-infused MCT oil, it’s important to start with a low dosage and gradually increase it. The recommended starting dosage is no larger than a single rice grain-sized drop of oil. You can incrementally add rice-grain-sized drops as your body gets used to RSO, but it’s important to pace yourself when increasing your dosage to minimize potential side effects.
If dosing orally, you can place your grain of rice-sized dose directly on a cracker or piece of bread and eat it. RSO is very sticky and tacky, so it’s suggested not to chew it directly, as it could get stuck in your teeth and leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth. To use RSO sublingually, simply place your dose under your tongue or inside your cheek and let it get absorbed. This method allows it to be absorbed right into the bloodstream for fast effects.
It’s important to note that RSO is very potent, so you need to be careful about measuring your dose. Always be aware that the effects of the oil, similar to most forms of cannabis ingested orally, may take up to an hour to feel the effects. The main side effect from RSO is sedation, which can be a good thing as the body heals best in a state of rest. However, please do not try RSO and then go driving or operating machinery.
Dosing instructions were suggested by Rick Simpson based on his personal use and experience. He suggests starting by taking a dose about half the size of a dry rice grain and taking this three times a day. For the first five weeks, he recommends doubling your dose every four days. As you consume more, your body builds up a tolerance. The max dose you should consume is a full gram and you should stick with this dose for the remainder of the 12 weeks. Side effects are limited and will mostly include sleepiness; however, daytime sleepiness should fade within three to four weeks.
It’s always recommended to consult a medical professional before using any cannabis product, including RSO-infused MCT oil. Remember that RSO is a highly concentrated and very potent cannabis extract that should be taken responsibly. Its versatility makes it a great tool in your medicine toolbox when used properly.
Storing And Preserving Your Infused Oil
Once you have infused your MCT oil with RSO, it’s important to store it properly to ensure its longevity and potency. Heat, light, and moisture can all degrade the quality of your infused oil. Here are some tips for storing and preserving your infused oil:
1. Choose the right container: Use a dark-colored or amber-colored glass container to protect your oil from light. Avoid plastic containers, as they can leach harmful chemicals into your oil.
2. Label and date your container: Make sure to label your container with the date of infusion and the potency of your oil.
3. Store in a cool, dark place: Keep your infused oil in a cool, dark place, such as a pantry or cupboard away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
4. Refrigerate or freeze: If you’re not planning to use your infused oil right away, store it in the refrigerator or freezer to extend its shelf life. However, be aware that moisture can promote mold growth on your buds, so make sure your container is tightly sealed.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your infused MCT oil with RSO stays fresh and potent for as long as possible. Remember to always be cautious when consuming cannabis-infused edibles and start with a small serving size to test its potency before consuming more.
Tips And Tricks For Successful Infusions
Infusing MCT oil with RSO can be a delicate process, but with the right tips and tricks, you can ensure a successful infusion every time. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
1. Use quality ingredients: It’s important to use high-quality organic MCT oil and RSO for the best results. Using low-quality ingredients can affect the potency and taste of your final product.
2. Calculate dosage accurately: As mentioned above, calculating the dosage of your RSO-infused MCT oil is crucial. Use an online dosage calculator to determine the potency of your infusion per serving.
3. Use a double boiler: To avoid burning the MCT oil or RSO, use a double boiler to heat the mixture. This will ensure a consistent temperature and prevent overheating.
4. Stir constantly: When infusing the RSO into the warm MCT oil, stir constantly until it is completely dissolved. This will ensure an even distribution of the RSO throughout the oil.
5. Store properly: Store your RSO-infused MCT oil in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for optimal shelf life. Mason jars or other reusable glassware are great options for storage.
6. Test potency: Before using your RSO-infused MCT oil, test its potency by taking small amounts and waiting for 45 minutes to gauge its effects. This will help you determine the appropriate dosage for your needs.
By following these tips and tricks, you can create a potent and delicious RSO-infused MCT oil that can be used as a sublingual tincture or as a base for many cannabis-infused recipes. Enjoy!