Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive skincare products that promise to give you glowing, youthful skin? Look no further than your own kitchen!
Gram flour, also known as besan, is a versatile ingredient that has been used for centuries in traditional beauty remedies. It’s packed with skin-loving nutrients that can help remove dirt, dead skin cells, and even out your complexion.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make a simple yet effective gram flour scrub that will leave your skin looking and feeling amazing. So, grab your apron and let’s get started!
How To Make Gram Flour Scrub?
To make a gram flour scrub, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 tsp of gram flour
– 1 tsp of milk
– 1 tsp of grounded oats
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until you have a smooth paste. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little more milk to thin it out.
Once your scrub is ready, gently massage it onto your face and neck using circular motions. Be sure to avoid the delicate skin around your eyes.
Leave the scrub on for 5-10 minutes to allow the ingredients to work their magic. Then, rinse it off with warm water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
Benefits Of Gram Flour For Your Skin
Gram flour, also known as besan, has been used for centuries in India for its numerous skin benefits. Here are some of the benefits of gram flour for your skin:
1. Reduces Acne: Gram flour contains zinc that helps fight infections that cause acne. It also helps control excess sebum production and soothes inflamed skin.
2. Exfoliates Dead Skin: Gram flour makes an excellent exfoliator that helps remove dead skin cells, dirt, and impurities from the skin. It also unclogs pores and prevents breakouts.
3. Anti-Tanning Effects: Besan can help reduce tan from your face when mixed with lime, yogurt, and a pinch of turmeric. It leaves your skin radiant and glowing.
4. Controls Oily Skin: For oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack.
5. Anti-Aging Properties: Gram flour helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles by firming up the skin. A face pack made by whipping up an egg white and adding gram flour to it can be applied on the face for about 30 minutes to achieve youthful-looking skin.
6. Instant Fairness: Gram flour mixed with orange peel powder or milk cream can give you instant fairness. It leaves your skin soft, supple, and glowing.
7. Controls Unwanted Hair Growth: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
Ingredients You’ll Need For The Scrub
If you want to make a more elaborate scrub, you can try using some additional ingredients. Here are some options and their benefits:
– Oatmeal: This ingredient is great for soothing irritated, sunburnt, inflamed, or itchy skin. It contains “saponins” which help with acne and effectively remove dirt and oil from your skin. Oatmeal can also act as a mild scrub, removing dead cells and locking in moisture.
– Turmeric: This spice has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help with acne and oil secretion. It also gives your skin a blemish-free, youthful, and radiant appearance.
– Sea salt: Adding sea salt to your scrub can help exfoliate your skin further and improve its overall health. The minerals in sea salt can also help purify and cleanse your skin.
To make a more elaborate scrub using these ingredients, follow these steps:
1. Take 1 tbsp of oatmeal and grind it into a rough, grainy powder using a grinder. Remove it in a bowl.
2. Add 1 tbsp of gram flour to the bowl.
3. Add 1/2 tsp of organic turmeric powder to the bowl.
4. Mix the ingredients properly.
5. You can either add milk or curd or even water to make it a paste. If you have very dry skin, add a few drops of olive oil or honey into it.
6. Apply the mixture evenly on your cleansed face and neck and leave it on for 20 minutes or until it dries up.
7. Wet your face and rub in circular motion till the pack cum scrub comes off. Wash properly with water and pat dry with a clean towel.
Remember not to make it into a paste since it has to be used as a scrub. With these simple ingredients, you can create an effective and natural scrub that will leave your skin feeling smooth, soft, and refreshed.
Tips For Using The Scrub Effectively
Using a gram flour scrub can do wonders for your skin, but it’s important to use it correctly to get the best results. Here are some tips for using the scrub effectively:
1. Use the scrub once or twice a week. Overusing it can cause irritation and dryness.
2. If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test before using the scrub on your face.
3. Make sure your face is clean and free of makeup before using the scrub.
4. Don’t rub the scrub too hard on your skin, as it can cause redness and irritation.
5. After using the scrub, apply a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
6. You can also use the scrub on other parts of your body, such as your arms and legs, to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.
By following these tips, you can effectively use a gram flour scrub to achieve smooth and glowing skin.
Other Ways To Use Gram Flour In Your Skincare Routine
Apart from using gram flour in a scrub, there are several other ways you can incorporate it into your skincare routine. Here are some ideas:
1. Gram Flour and Honey Face Mask: Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with 1 tablespoon of honey and a little water to make a thick paste. Apply the paste to your face and neck, and leave it on for 20 minutes or until dry. Rinse off with warm water to reveal soft, glowing skin.
2. Gram Flour and Egg White Anti-Aging Mask: In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of green gram flour with 1 teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice. Whisk in one egg white and add one tablespoon to the mixture. Apply the mask to your face, neck, and hands to combat early signs of aging.
3. Gram Flour, Oatmeal, Honey, and Lemon Scrub: Mix 2 tablespoons of besan with 2 teaspoons of oatmeal powder. Add honey and lemon juice to the mixture, then wet your face and apply the scrub. Gently massage your skin to cleanse your pores and remove excess oil.
4. Gram Flour, Sandalwood Powder, Milk, and Turmeric Face Pack: Combine 2 teaspoons of besan, 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of turmeric powder in a paste. Apply the pack to your face and rinse off with cold water when dry.
5. Gram Flour and Yogurt Face Pack: Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with 1-2 teaspoons of yogurt to create a smooth paste. Apply the pack to your face for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water. Yogurt’s natural oils and enzymes make it an excellent cleanser and moisturizer for all skin types.
Incorporating gram flour into your skincare routine can provide numerous benefits for your skin, from exfoliation to moisturization to anti-aging properties. Experiment with different recipes until you find the perfect one for your skin type!
Precautions To Keep In Mind When Using Gram Flour Scrub.
While gram flour is a natural and effective ingredient for exfoliating dead skin cells, there are some precautions you should keep in mind when using it as a scrub. First of all, make sure you do not use it too frequently as over-exfoliating can damage your skin’s natural barrier and cause irritation. It is recommended to use a gram flour scrub no more than once or twice a week.
Additionally, if you have dry or sensitive skin, it is important to be gentle when using the scrub and not to rub too vigorously as this can cause further dryness and irritation. It is also important to avoid using gram flour on any open wounds or cuts as it can cause further irritation and delay the healing process.
Lastly, make sure to rinse off the scrub thoroughly with warm water and pat your skin dry gently with a clean towel. Avoid rubbing your skin too harshly as this can cause further irritation and damage. By following these precautions, you can safely and effectively use a gram flour scrub to achieve a soft and smooth complexion.