Are you looking for a dairy-free alternative to traditional cream sauce?
Look no further than almond milk!
This versatile plant-based milk can be used to create a creamy and delicious sauce that is perfect for pasta dishes, roasted vegetables, and more.
In this article, we will explore different recipes and techniques for making cream sauce with almond milk.
Whether you’re vegan, lactose intolerant, or simply looking to switch up your cooking routine, almond milk cream sauce is a must-try.
So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
How To Make Cream Sauce With Almond Milk?
There are several ways to make cream sauce with almond milk, depending on your preferences and dietary restrictions. Here are three different recipes to try:
1. One-Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta: This recipe combines almond milk with garlic, shallots, and herbs for a flavorful and creamy sauce. Simply sauté the garlic and shallots in olive oil, add flour and almond milk, and stir until creamy. Then add cooked pasta and garnish with fresh basil.
2. Roasted Vegetable Alfredo: For a heartier dish, try this roasted vegetable alfredo recipe. Roast zucchini, onion, and garlic in the oven, then blend them with nutritional yeast and almond milk for a thick and creamy sauce. Pour the sauce over cooked noodles and warm on low heat.
3. Almond Milk Parmesan Cream Sauce: This recipe uses almond milk as a base for a classic cream sauce, with added parmesan cheese for extra flavor. Whisk together butter, garlic, flour, and almond milk until thickened, then stir in parmesan cheese and seasonings.
Why Choose Almond Milk For Cream Sauce?
Almond milk is a popular dairy-free alternative that can be used in a variety of recipes, including cream sauce. One of the main reasons to choose almond milk over cow’s milk or heavy cream is its lower calorie and fat content. This makes it a great option for those who are watching their weight or trying to maintain a healthy diet.
Additionally, almond milk is rich in nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium, and fiber, which can provide numerous health benefits. It is also a good source of protein and healthy fats, making it a great addition to any diet.
Another advantage of using almond milk in cream sauce is its creamy texture. When thickened with cornstarch or ground almonds, almond milk can mimic the richness and thickness of heavy cream or cow’s milk. This means that you don’t have to sacrifice taste or texture when using almond milk as a substitute.
Finally, almond milk is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different types of recipes. It can be used as a base for smoothies, added to coffee or tea, or used in baking recipes. This means that if you have leftover almond milk after making cream sauce, you can easily use it up in other dishes.
Basic Recipe For Almond Milk Cream Sauce
If you’re looking for a basic recipe for almond milk cream sauce, here’s an easy and delicious option:
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Whisk in the flour until smooth and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Slowly pour in the almond milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, and continue whisking until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
This basic recipe can be customized to your liking by adding herbs, spices, or other ingredients such as nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese for added flavor. It’s perfect for drizzling over vegetables, pasta, or as a dipping sauce for bread. Plus, using almond milk instead of heavy cream makes it a healthier option without sacrificing taste or texture.
Variations On Almond Milk Cream Sauce
Once you have mastered the basic recipe for cream sauce with almond milk, there are many variations you can try to add different flavors and textures to your dishes. Here are a few ideas:
1. Mushroom Cream Sauce: Sauté sliced mushrooms in a pan with garlic and shallots, then add almond milk and flour to thicken. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme for a delicious mushroom cream sauce that pairs well with pasta or roasted vegetables.
2. Lemon Cream Sauce: Add a bright and tangy twist to your cream sauce by stirring in some lemon zest and juice. This works especially well with roasted chicken or fish dishes.
3. Spicy Cream Sauce: For those who like a little heat, add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to your cream sauce. This pairs well with pasta dishes or as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders.
4. Herb Cream Sauce: Experiment with different herbs to add depth of flavor to your cream sauce. Try adding rosemary, sage, or tarragon for a savory twist.
5. Nutty Cream Sauce: For a richer flavor, try adding some toasted nuts like almonds or cashews to your cream sauce. This works well with roasted vegetables or as a dip for crackers.
With these variations on almond milk cream sauce, you can elevate any dish and make it your own. Experiment with different flavors and textures to find your perfect combination.
Tips For Perfecting Your Almond Milk Cream Sauce
If you’re looking to perfect your almond milk cream sauce, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Use unsweetened almond milk: When making cream sauce with almond milk, it’s important to use unsweetened almond milk. Sweetened almond milk will make your sauce too sweet and alter the flavor.
2. Thicken with flour: To thicken your sauce, use flour instead of heavy cream. Whisk together flour and almond milk until it thickens, then add in your seasonings and cheese.
3. Choose the right cheese: Parmesan cheese is a classic choice for cream sauce, but you can also experiment with other cheeses like cheddar or pecorino romano. Just be sure to pack the cheese tightly when measuring it out.
4. Add garlic for flavor: Garlic is a must-have ingredient for cream sauce. Use fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder for a more intense and authentic flavor.
5. Season to taste: Don’t be afraid to add salt and pepper to your sauce to enhance the flavors. Taste as you go and adjust accordingly.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make a delicious and creamy almond milk cream sauce that’s perfect for any dish.
Serving Suggestions For Almond Milk Cream Sauce
Once you have made your almond milk cream sauce, there are several ways to enjoy it. Here are some serving suggestions to try:
1. Pour over pasta: The creamy texture of the almond milk cream sauce makes it a perfect pairing for pasta. Toss the sauce with your favorite cooked pasta and top with fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
2. Use as a dip: The almond milk cream sauce also works well as a dip for vegetables or chips. Serve it alongside a platter of raw veggies like carrots, celery, and bell peppers for a healthy and tasty snack.
3. Top roasted vegetables: The roasted vegetable alfredo recipe mentioned above is a great option for topping roasted vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or sweet potatoes. Simply roast your veggies in the oven, then drizzle the almond milk cream sauce over them before serving.
4. Use as a pizza sauce: For a unique twist on traditional pizza sauce, try using almond milk cream sauce instead. Spread the sauce over your pizza crust and top with your favorite toppings like mushrooms, spinach, and bell peppers.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your almond milk cream sauce, it’s a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional cream-based sauces. Experiment with different herbs and seasonings to find your perfect flavor combination.