Are you tired of the same old latte routine? Looking for a dairy-free alternative that still packs a punch?
Look no further than oat milk draft lattes! This creamy and delicious beverage is the perfect way to start your day or enjoy as an afternoon pick-me-up.
But how exactly do they make oat milk draft lattes? In this article, we’ll explore different recipes and techniques for making this trendy drink at home.
Whether you’re a seasoned barista or a novice coffee lover, we’ve got you covered. So grab your blender and let’s get started!
How To Do They Make Oat Milk Draft Latte?
There are a few different ways to make oat milk draft lattes, but the basic recipe involves combining brewed espresso or coffee with steamed oat milk and a frothy topping. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making your own:
1. Brew your coffee or espresso using your preferred method. You can use a standard coffee maker, Keurig, Nespresso, or French press.
2. Heat one cup of oat milk on the stove until warm and slightly thickened. You can add sweeteners or flavors at this point if desired.
3. Pour the warm oat milk into a blender and blend until a thick foam forms on top. You can also use a frothing wand if you have one.
4. Pour your coffee or espresso into a mug or glass.
5. Pour the oat milk over the coffee, holding back the foam with a spoon.
6. Spoon the foam on top of the latte and enjoy!
What Is Oat Milk And Why Is It A Popular Dairy-free Alternative?
Oat milk is a non-dairy, gluten-free, and nut-free milk alternative made from oats and water. To make oat milk, rolled oats are blended with water and then strained to remove any solids. Some recipes suggest soaking the oats for a few minutes before blending, while others skip this step. Oat milk has gained popularity in recent years as a dairy-free alternative due to its neutral flavor and creamy texture. It is also a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan.
Compared to cow’s milk, oat milk typically has fewer calories and more health benefits. It contains beta-glucans, a type of soluble fiber that has been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved heart health. Oat milk is also a more sustainable option than cow’s milk, as it requires less water and resources to produce.
Oat milk has become a popular choice for coffee drinks like lattes due to its creamy texture and slightly sweet taste. Many coffee shops now offer oat milk as an alternative to cow’s milk, and some even have oat milk-specific drinks on their menus. Oat milk lattes have become particularly popular among those looking for dairy-free options or simply wanting to try something new. With its natural sweetness and creaminess, oat milk is a great addition to any coffee drink.
The Basics Of Making An Oat Milk Draft Latte
To make an oat milk draft latte, you will need brewed coffee or espresso, oat milk, and a frothing tool. The first step is to brew your coffee or espresso using your preferred method. While the coffee is brewing, heat up one cup of oat milk on the stove until it is warm and slightly thickened. You can add sweeteners or flavors at this point if desired.
Next, pour the warm oat milk into a blender and blend until a thick foam forms on top. If you don’t have a blender, you can also use a frothing wand to achieve the same effect.
Once your coffee or espresso is ready, pour it into a mug or glass. Then, pour the oat milk over the coffee while holding back the foam with a spoon. This will create a layered effect in your latte.
Finally, spoon the foam on top of the latte and enjoy! You can also add additional flavorings or toppings as desired.
Recipe For A Classic Oat Milk Draft Latte
If you’re looking for a classic oat milk draft latte recipe, here’s one to get you started:
– 1 cup old-fashioned oats
– 2 cups water
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Pinch of salt
– 2 (2-oz.) shots of espresso or strongly brewed coffee
1. Begin by making the oat milk. Combine the oats and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag to remove any solids.
3. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the oat milk and whisk until well combined.
4. Froth the oat milk using a frothing wand or by shaking it vigorously in a sealed jar until it doubles in size.
5. Brew your espresso or coffee and pour it into a mug.
6. Pour the frothed oat milk over the espresso, holding back the foam with a spoon.
7. Spoon the foam on top of the latte and sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
8. Serve and enjoy your delicious and creamy oat milk draft latte!
Note: Feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations by adding flavored syrups or extracts to your oat milk mixture before frothing. You can also use different types of milk, such as almond or coconut, for a unique twist on this classic recipe.
Tips And Tricks For Perfecting Your Oat Milk Draft Latte
If you’re looking to perfect your oat milk draft latte, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
1. Use freshly brewed coffee or espresso for the best flavor. Stale coffee can taste bitter and stale.
2. Heat your oat milk gently on medium heat until it’s warm and slightly thickened. Be careful not to boil it, as this can cause the milk to curdle.
3. Use a blender or frothing wand to create a thick foam on top of your oat milk. If you’re using a blender, blend the milk until it becomes frothy and doubles in size.
4. When pouring the oat milk over the coffee, hold back the foam with a spoon to create a layered effect.
5. Experiment with different sweeteners and flavors to find your perfect oat milk draft latte recipe. Maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder are all great options.
6. If you’re having trouble getting your oat milk to froth, try using a higher fat content oat milk or adding a small amount of coconut cream.
7. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings! Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cocoa powder all make great additions to an oat milk draft latte.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make a delicious and perfectly frothy oat milk draft latte every time!
Variations On The Traditional Oat Milk Draft Latte: Adding Flavors And Spices
If you’re looking to switch up your oat milk draft latte game, there are plenty of flavor and spice options to consider. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Vanilla: Add a splash of vanilla extract to your oat milk before blending for a classic latte flavor.
2. Pumpkin Spice: Mix in some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to your oat milk before heating for a fall-inspired latte.
3. Gingerbread: Mix in some molasses, ginger, and cinnamon to your oat milk before heating for a spicy gingerbread latte.
4. Mocha: Add some cocoa powder or chocolate syrup to your oat milk before blending for a chocolatey mocha latte.
5. Cinnamon: Sprinkle some cinnamon on top of your foam for a warm and cozy touch.
6. Coconut: Swap out the oat milk for coconut milk and add some shredded coconut on top for a tropical twist.
7. Hazelnut: Add some hazelnut syrup or hazelnut extract to your oat milk before blending for a nutty latte.
8. Matcha: Mix in some matcha powder to your oat milk before heating for a green tea latte.
9. Lavender: Add some dried lavender buds to your oat milk before heating for a floral latte.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to adding flavors and spices to your oat milk draft latte. Experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect one for you.
How To Make An Iced Oat Milk Draft Latte
If you prefer your latte cold, you can easily make an iced oat milk draft latte. Here’s how:
1. Brew a strong cup of coffee or espresso using your preferred method. You can also use cold brew coffee for a smoother flavor.
2. Pour the coffee or espresso into a glass filled with ice.
3. In a blender, combine one cup of oat milk, sweeteners or flavors if desired, and blend until a thick foam forms on top.
4. Pour the blended oat milk over the ice and coffee, holding back the foam with a spoon.
5. Spoon the foam on top of the latte and enjoy!
Alternatively, you can make a large batch of iced oat milk draft latte by combining brewed coffee or espresso with oat milk and sweeteners in a pitcher or jug. Keep it in the fridge until ready to serve and pour over ice when you’re ready to enjoy it. Don’t forget to add the frothy topping for that perfect finishing touch!