Are you a fan of Starbucks lattes but looking for a healthier option?
Look no further than their almond milk latte!
Not only does it have fewer calories than the traditional latte with whole milk, but it also has the added benefits of almond milk.
In this article, we’ll break down the calorie count of different sizes of Starbucks lattes with almond milk and explore the health benefits of this delicious alternative.
So grab your favorite mug and let’s dive in!
How Many Calories In A Starbucks Latte With Almond Milk?
The calorie count of a Starbucks latte with almond milk varies depending on the size you choose.
The smallest size, the Short Caffe Latte with Almond Milk, contains only 50 calories.
Moving up to the Grande size, which is 16 oz, you’ll find that it has 100 calories.
And if you’re looking for a larger size, the Venti Caffe Latte with Almond Milk contains 130 calories.
It’s important to note that these calorie counts are for the standard latte with almond milk. If you add any additional flavors or sweeteners, the calorie count will increase.
Comparing Calories: Almond Milk Vs. Whole Milk
When it comes to choosing the healthiest milk option for your Starbucks latte, almond milk is often touted as the winner. But how does it compare to whole milk in terms of calories?
A 240 ml cup of 2% milk at Starbucks contains 140 calories, while the same size cup of almond milk has only 60 calories. This means that if you’re looking to cut down on your calorie intake, switching to almond milk could be a smart choice.
Moreover, almond milk has zero cholesterol, which is a big advantage because it cannot cause heart-related challenges. On the other hand, 2% milk has 25mg of cholesterol, which may contribute to increased heart-related health challenges.
Additionally, almond milk provides a small amount of fiber; something that you won’t find in whole milk. Fiber is an important nutrient that helps keep you feeling full and satisfied, which can help with weight management.
Calorie Breakdown Of Starbucks Almond Milk Lattes
If you’re wondering about the specific breakdown of calories in a Starbucks latte with almond milk, here’s what you need to know.
A Grande Almond Milk Latte, which is 16 oz, contains 60 calories, 4g of fat, 6g of total carbs, and 2g of protein. Out of those 6g of total carbs, 5g are net carbs.
Comparing this to a Grande latte with 2% milk, which has 190 calories, the almond milk version saves you 30 calories. This makes almond milk a great option for those looking to cut back on calories.
It’s important to keep in mind that the calorie count can vary depending on the type of milk and any additional flavors or sweeteners added to the drink. However, choosing almond milk as a substitute for regular milk can be an easy way to reduce your calorie intake while still enjoying your favorite Starbucks latte.
Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
Almond milk is a popular dairy-free alternative that is known for its numerous health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of almond milk:
1. Low in calories: Almond milk is low in calories, making it a great option for those who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. Compared to cow’s milk, almond milk has 50% to 80% fewer calories.
2. High in nutrients: Almond milk is naturally high in several nutrients, such as calcium, potassium, and vitamin E. Calcium is important for strong bones, while potassium helps regulate blood pressure. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect your cells from damage.
3. Low in sugar: Unsweetened almond milk contains zero sugar and is perfect for those watching their sugar intake or blood sugar levels, such as diabetics.
4. Good for heart health: Almond milk is low in fat and the little fat it contains is the healthy kind (unsaturated), helping to keep your cholesterol levels down. This makes it great for heart health.
5. Good for skin health: Many almond milks are fortified with vitamin E, which is important for healthy, supple skin, eyesight, and immune system.
6. Suitable for people with lactose intolerance: Almond milk is dairy-free and has no lactose, making it a great option for people with lactose intolerance.
7. Low glycemic index food: Almond milk is considered a low glycemic index food, which means it’s less likely to cause blood sugar spikes.
Tips For Customizing Your Almond Milk Latte
If you’re looking to customize your almond milk latte at Starbucks, there are a few tips you can follow to make it a healthier option.
Firstly, consider ordering a smaller size, such as a Tall instead of a Grande or Venti. This will automatically reduce the calorie count.
Next, ask for fewer pumps of any flavored syrup or sweetener. For example, if you’re ordering a flavored latte, ask for one or two pumps of syrup instead of the standard four pumps. This will significantly reduce the calorie count and sugar content of your drink.
You can also opt for nonfat milk or coconut milk instead of almond milk, which will further reduce the calorie count.
Finally, consider skipping any whipped cream toppings, which can add unnecessary calories and saturated fats to your drink.
By following these tips, you can customize your almond milk latte at Starbucks to make it a healthier and lower calorie option.
Other Low-Calorie Options At Starbucks
If you’re looking for even more low-calorie options at Starbucks, there are plenty of choices to consider. Here are a few tasty alternatives to the standard latte with almond milk:
1. Caffè Latte with Nonfat Milk – If you’re looking for a lower calorie option, you can order a Caffè Latte with nonfat milk. This will reduce the calorie count to around 70 calories for a Grande size.
2. Organic Chai Tea with Almond Milk – If you love the taste of a Chai Tea Latte but want to cut back on calories, try ordering an organic chai tea with almond milk. This delicious drink contains only 60 calories and is a great alternative to the high-calorie Chai Tea Latte.
3. Honey Oat Milk Latte – This sweet and salty latte is made with oat milk, honey, and espresso, and is topped with toasted honey. While it’s not the lowest calorie option on the menu, a Grande Honey Oat Milk Latte contains 270 calories and is a delicious treat for those looking to indulge.
4. Skinny Chai Latte – If you can’t resist the taste of a Chai Latte but want to cut back on calories, try ordering a Skinny Chai Latte. This drink is made with nonfat milk and sugar-free syrup, reducing the calorie count to only 100 calories for a Grande size.
5. Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato – This tasty drink is made with coconut milk, espresso, and mocha sauce, and is topped with caramel drizzle. A Grande Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato contains only 150 calories and is a great option for those looking for a low-calorie treat.
Remember, there are plenty of low-calorie options at Starbucks if you’re willing to get creative and make some substitutions. By choosing almond milk or nonfat milk and skipping the syrups and sweeteners, you can enjoy your favorite drinks without all the extra calories.