Are you a fan of Starbucks’ Frappuccinos but looking for a dairy-free option?
Look no further than almond milk!
With the rise of plant-based diets and the increasing demand for non-dairy options, Starbucks has expanded its menu to include almond milk as a dairy-free alternative.
But can you really get a Frappuccino with almond milk?
The answer is yes!
In this article, we’ll explore how to customize your Frappuccino with almond milk and share some delicious recipe ideas to try out.
So sit back, relax, and get ready to indulge in a creamy and delicious treat without any dairy.
Can You Get Frappuccino With Almond Milk?
As mentioned earlier, Starbucks now offers almond milk as a dairy-free alternative for its beverages, including Frappuccinos. So, the answer is a resounding yes!
To order a Frappuccino with almond milk, simply ask your barista to replace the standard two percent milk with almond milk. You can also customize your Frappuccino with different syrups and toppings to suit your taste preferences.
It’s important to note that Starbucks charges extra for plant-based milk in the US, but all UK locations have eliminated the upcharge on dairy-free milk. Hopefully, the US will follow suit soon.
Why Choose Almond Milk For Your Frappuccino?
There are several reasons why you might want to choose almond milk for your Frappuccino. Firstly, if you are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy, almond milk is a great alternative to traditional milk. It’s also a good option for those following a vegan diet.
Another reason to choose almond milk is that it has fewer calories and less sugar than regular milk. This makes it a healthier option if you’re trying to watch your calorie intake. In fact, almond milk Frappuccinos reportedly contain 40% fewer calories than their dairy counterparts.
Almond milk also contains a healthier variety of fat compared to regular milk and is lower in carbs, making it a good option for those on a low-carb or ketogenic diet. Additionally, it has a mild, nutty flavor that complements the taste of coffee and other beverages.
Lastly, Starbucks’ almond milk is made with almond butter, which adds body and complements the roasty notes of espresso. This means that your Frappuccino will still have that rich and creamy texture that you love, without the added calories and sugar of regular milk.
How To Order A Frappuccino With Almond Milk
To order a Frappuccino with almond milk, start by specifying the size of your drink – tall, grande, or venti. Then, let your barista know that you would like to use almond milk instead of the standard dairy milk.
Next, choose your desired syrup flavor. Keep in mind that some syrups contain dairy, so it’s important to ask your barista which ones are safe for a vegan diet. Syrups that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients include vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, and sugar cookie.
If you’re looking to recreate a specific flavor, such as the Toffee Almondmilk Hot Cocoa, you can ask your barista if they can make a Frappuccino version of it. For example, you could request an almond milk Frappuccino with toffee nut syrup and white chocolate sauce.
Finally, remember to skip any dairy-based toppings such as whipped cream or caramel drizzle. These can be replaced with vegan-friendly options like coconut whipped cream or caramel brulee sprinkles.
By following these steps and being clear with your barista about your preferences, you can enjoy a delicious and dairy-free Frappuccino with almond milk at Starbucks.
Almond Milk Frappuccino Recipe Ideas To Try
If you’re looking for some delicious and unique Frappuccino recipes to try with almond milk, here are a few ideas:
1. Toffee Almondmilk Frappuccino: If you loved the Toffee Almondmilk Hot Cocoa, try recreating it as a Frappuccino. Order a coffee Frappuccino made with almond milk and add toffee nut syrup and white chocolate sauce.
2. Green Tea Matcha Frappuccino: For a refreshing and healthy option, order a Venti green tea Frappuccino made with almond milk and six scoops of matcha powder. If you find the matcha taste too strong, you can always ask for less.
3. Banana Chestnut Praline Frappuccino: This tasty option combines almond milk with banana and chestnut praline syrup. For an extra sweet touch, add some caramel drizzle.
4. Vegan Mocha Frappuccino: If you’re looking for a guilt-free indulgence, try making a vegan mocha Frappuccino at home. Blend together spinach, frozen banana, unsweetened almond milk, cocoa powder, and instant decaf coffee for a healthy and delicious treat.
Remember to always check the ingredients of any syrups or toppings before adding them to your Frappuccino to ensure they are vegan-friendly. With these recipe ideas, you can enjoy your favorite Frappuccinos with almond milk in new and exciting ways.
Tips For Making The Perfect Almond Milk Frappuccino At Home
Making your own almond milk Frappuccino at home is a great way to save money and customize your drink to your liking. Here are some tips for making the perfect almond milk Frappuccino at home:
1. Brew your coffee ahead of time and chill it in the fridge. This will ensure that your Frappuccino is cold and refreshing.
2. Use a blender or food processor to blend together the ice, espresso, almond milk, and sweetener until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, a food processor can work just as well.
3. Experiment with different sweeteners to find the one that suits your taste preferences. You can use honey, maple syrup, or even sugar-free sweeteners like Swerve.
4. For an extra creamy texture, add some coconut cream or heavy cream to your Frappuccino.
5. If you want to add some extra flavor to your Frappuccino, try adding some cocoa powder or almond extract.
6. Top your Frappuccino with whipped cream and a drizzle of melted chocolate for a decadent treat.
7. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and toppings to create your own unique almond milk Frappuccino recipe.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and refreshing almond milk Frappuccino right in the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!
Other Non-Dairy Milk Options For Your Frappuccino Fix
If you’re not a fan of almond milk or simply want to switch things up, Starbucks also offers other non-dairy milk options for your Frappuccino fix. Here are a few:
1. Soy Milk: Soy milk is a popular alternative to dairy milk and is available at most Starbucks locations. It has a creamy texture and a slightly nutty flavor that pairs well with coffee.
2. Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is another great non-dairy option for your Frappuccino. It has a rich, creamy texture and a subtle coconut flavor that complements the sweetness of the Frappuccino.
3. Oat Milk: Oat milk is a newer addition to Starbucks’ non-dairy milk options. It has a slightly sweet flavor and a creamy texture that works well in Frappuccinos.
When ordering your Frappuccino with non-dairy milk, be sure to specify which milk you prefer and any additional customizations you want, such as syrups or toppings. And remember, while these non-dairy milks are great alternatives for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan, they may still contain allergens or sensitivities for some individuals. Always check with your doctor or allergist before trying new foods or drinks.