You should give it a try the next time you have some on hand because homemade tzatziki sauce has so many applications. Here are some foods to pair with tzatziki sauce, without further ado:
- Gyros – Like wings without buffalo sauce, gyros are incomplete without tzatziki. They require one another. This recipe for Grilled Chicken Gyros is ideal.
- Greek skewers or kabobs with grilled chicken (or other types of meat) and vegetables are known as souvlaki. It’s a well-liked application for tzatziki.
- Meat – This is a remarkably simple method for giving virtually any meat, especially grilled meats, additional taste. Drizzle some over roasted lamb, pork tenderloin, Greek meatballs, or chicken that has been grilled.
- Try tzatziki on your cheesy pan pizza instead of dipping it in ranch dressing. Or, even better, create a Greek-style pizza with Mediterranean ingredients, drizzled with sauce.
- Baked potato: Use tzatziki instead of sour cream! It has a lot more flavor.
- Wraps – For Mediterranean-inspired pita wraps, spread it on some pita bread or flatbread.
- Sandwiches are far superior to mayo! Put a lot of leftover grilled chicken, fresh vegetables, and sauce on your sandwich.
- Burgers – One of the finest burgers I’ve ever had was dripping with tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, spinach, and delicious meat. I heartily endorse it.
- Try making chicken wings with a Greek flair and serve them with this sauce as a dipping sauce. Even spicy buffalo wings can be dipped in it, according to what I’ve heard.
- Greek omelet: Drizzle some sauce over the top. It’s a wonderful way to give a traditional breakfast item a tasty twist.
- My preferred healthy dip or snack is this one. Use it as a dip for fresh vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, English or Persian cucumbers, firm cucumbers, or cherry tomatoes. Pita bread or soft pita chips go well with it as well.
- Salad Dressing: To prepare a light and tangy dressing for Greek salad, loosen the tzatziki with a little milk.
- I don’t eat a lot of seafood, but I’ve heard that this goes really well with fish. Consider fish tacos (a Greek taco? ), grilled or crusted fish, or even fish dishes. Please, yes.)
- Greek fries that are stuffed with melted feta cheese, red onions, cherry tomatoes, and delicious tzatziki. Crispy french fries. YUM!
- Greek Quinoa Bowls – Top these Greek Quinoa Salad Bowls with a dollop. The ideal balanced lunch or dinner.
- As a Marinade – Yogurt can be used to marinade meat, did you know that? Use tzatziki as a marinade to give your meat a richer flavor while you sit back and unwind.
- Potato Salad: To make a healthier potato salad that is bursting with lemony, herbaceous, and summery flavors, swap out the mayo-based dressing for tzatziki.
- Similar to potato salad is pasta salad. good for a picnic in the summer.
- Use the yogurt sauce in place of the mayo dressing on chicken salad sandwiches to combine the greatest aspects of both those foods and Greek gyros.
- Replace the sour cream in your creamy mashed potatoes with anything else. They’ll gain an unexpected flavor boost from this.
What is Tzatziki?
Tzatziki made from scratch is amazing! Tzatziki is a yogurt sauce containing cucumbers, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and dill if you’ve never tried it or heard of it. In Greece, where it is smeared on top of practically everything, it is incredibly popular. You can serve it as a dip for a main meal along with some skewered poultry, vegetables, fish, or pork, or you can serve it with crudits or pita as an appetizer or snack. It is zesty and vibrant, making it ideal for summer.
Tzatziki is another dish that you can prepare on a regular basis and keep on hand for lunch and dinner. As I use it in so many recipes, you’ll see it frequently on WGC. Additionally, it is the ideal nutritious snack. Make some tzatziki, get some Persian cucumbers, and you’re good to go.
Here are some frequently asked questions about tzatziki that I receive:
How is Tzatziki made?
Making tzatziki is quite easy. All you need are Persian cucumbers, Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic, and dill. Cucumbers should be diced, lemons should be juiced, garlic and dill should be chopped, and greek yogurt should be combined with everything. The recipe card below contains the specific step-by-step directions and measurements.
Is tzatziki a nutritious treat?
Tzatziki is a nutritious dip that is great with fresh vegetables or as a sauce with tasty foods like falafel or Greek meatballs. It contains protein, calcium, and vitamins and is created with only fresh, healthy ingredients that are minimal in calories and fat.
These factors combine to make this tasty sauce ideal for weight loss when consumed as a part of a nutritious, balanced diet.
Is tzatziki beneficial for losing weight?
It can support suppressing appetite, controlling hunger hormones, and boosting metabolism ( 17 , 18 ). Pita bread is frequently served with tzatziki as a dip. You may also add it to grilled meats for a dinner that is strong in protein.
What kind of meat goes with tzatziki?
A delectable yogurt sauce from the Mediterranean region called tzatziki is created with finely chopped cucumber, garlic, and lemon juice. At Costco, I frequently get a large jar of tzatziki sauce (the Hannah brand of tzatziki sauce pictured above). Even though the sauce comes in a large package, my household consumes it in under a week. Tzatziki sauce is excellent and can be used with so many different foods.
The idea for the entire list of 12 ways to eat tzatziki sauce came from me! The tzatziki sauce can be prepared and consumed as follows:
Topping for Meat
All types of meat, including chicken, beef, hog, and lamb, pair well with tzatziki sauce. It pairs particularly well with grilled meat!
Tzatziki sauce is most frequently consumed with gyros! I frequently offer my handmade ground beef kefta kabob with the tzatziki sauce as well.
Simple meat, like chicken breast, can be spiced up with tzatziki sauce. A little tzatziki sauce on the side may make a dish that is just plain chicken breast delicious!
2. Fish Sauce
Additionally, fish pairs well with tzatziki sauce. White fish is my preferred type of fish to eat with tzatziki sauce!
3. The Felafel Sauce
Tzatziki and falafel go together like they were meant to be! When the felafel balls are covered in tzatziki, there won’t be any left:)
On The Burgers 4.
The burger patties can be topped with tzatziki. Both the conventional meat burgers and the veggie burgers are great when topped with tzatziki. particularly vegetarian burgers The boring vegetarian burgers are made delicious by tzatziki!
5. On Sandwiches
Tzatziki replaces mayonnaise, so why use mayo? Spread the tzatziki sauce on deli sandwiches in place of mayo for a novel take on the classic sandwich.
6. Within Pita Wraps
To make the pita filling moist and tasty, combine it with the tzatziki sauce! Any pita wrap sandwich, including the grilled chicken pita or the felafil pita wrap, will benefit from the addition of tzatziki sauce.
7. Include In Mash Potatoes
Here is a creative way to use tzatziki sauce.
You probably aren’t familiar with this one. When making mashed potatoes, while the potatoes are still being mashed, add the tzatziki sauce. The tzatziki sauce is a very tasty and distinctive addition to mashed potatoes.
8. Adding a Potato Topping
9. Dressing for salad
You can make a great salad dressing with tzatziki sauce! As with any other white salad dressing, use tzatziki. To make a tasty, healthy salad, combine the crispy greens with the tzatziki sauce.
10. Dip of Vegetables
Tzatziki sauce should be used as a vegetable dip. Any type of vegetable, including carrot sticks, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumber slices, can be dipped. You can consume more vegetables by eating tzatziki dip, for example!
11. Pita Bread for Dipping
Pita bread dipped in tzatziki sauce is another common method to consume it. This is comparable to other appetizer dips like baba ganoush and hummus.
12. Dip For Chips
As an alternative to salsa, tzatziki sauce can be served with chips. With handmade pita chips, tzatziki goes very well.
The entire jar of tzatziki sauce vanishes so quickly because there are so many ways to consume it. You may easily become addicted to tzatziki sauce and keep eating it over and over again!
Can you think of any further tzatziki sauce dishes? If so, kindly do so by leaving a remark at the bottom of this page.
What store do you recommend for tzatziki sauce? Tzatziki sauce is available at Costco or can be made at yourself! Check out my simple homemade tzatziki sauce recipe to see how simple it is to make your own tzatziki sauce.
How long does tzatziki stay fresh in the fridge?
When made with extremely fresh yogurt and kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container, homemade tzatziki sauce can last up to two weeks. However, keep in mind that it will only keep for as long as your yogurt, so be sure to use fresh yogurt rather than yogurt that will expire soon.
Generally, your tzatziki will be good until the yogurt you’re using has passed its expiration date. The longer it sits, though, the more watery it does become. The texture will therefore become runnier the longer it sits, even with extremely fresh yogurt. The first few days after making it are the greatest.
How long does tzatziki stay fresh after being opened?
A well-known Greek cucumber yogurt sauce is tzatziki. Garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper are the usual ingredients. Other spices, such cumin or dill, can be added to change the flavor for better taste. How long is tzatziki good for?
Popular Greek dip known as tzatziki can be enjoyed with pita bread and veggies. Typically, yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt are used to make it. In the refrigerator, the sauce will keep for about two to three days. How long does tzatziki stay fresh in the freezer? is explained in more depth here.
Containers need to be chilled and well-sealed. It can often be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks if you get it in the freshest-marked container at the grocery store, but after that time its flavor intensifies significantly. It is recommended to have a use-by date of one week after purchase.
What can I do with any extra tzatziki sauce, too? The tzatziki sauce can be prepared and consumed as follows:
- To Put On Meat. All types of meat, including chicken, beef, hog, and lamb, pair well with tzatziki sauce.
- Topping For Fish
- For Felafel Sauce.
- About The Burgers.
- The Sandwiches
- Within Pita Wraps.
- To Mash Potatoes, Add.
- A Baked Potato Topper.
After it thaws, you can add the liquid to the tzatziki sauce, but it might not be as smooth.
- Place the tzatziki sauce in a jar with a tight-fitting lid for freezing.
- Several layers of clear plastic wrap should be used to cover the storage container.
- The container should be put inside a freezer bag.
Which is better for you, hummus or tzatziki?
Tzatziki is somewhat healthy because each 45 gram portion only has 54 calories, 8 grams of carbs, and very little sodium. Which to Choose? Hummus is unquestionably the less nutritious dip if you base your choice on health considerations, with high salt levels being a particular cause for concern.
Is tzatziki from the store healthy?
This article is for you if you enjoy Greek food and frequently consume tzatziki but are unsure about the dish’s nutritional value or impact on your weight. Learn what tzatziki is and whether or not you can stay in shape while eating this well-known and delectable Greek meal.
Tzatziki is a Greek appetizer that goes well with mezes, or small plates. It can also be used as a sauce to go with a variety of Greek foods, particularly spicy ones because the yogurt’s coolness helps to temper the heat. Tzatziki is quite adaptable because it is based on the Greek region.
Tzatziki is really regarded as healthful due to its high mineral and vitamin content as well as its low calorie, carb, and fat content.
Here are three steps that describe what tzatziki is, how many calories there are in a serving, and how to eat this traditional Greek meal while staying fit and healthy.
After learning the three steps, let’s get into the specifics that will enable you to maintain your fitness while indulging in some delectable tzatziki.
Is tzatziki healthier than ranch dressing?
Numerous other health benefits of tzatziki produced with low-fat Greek yogurt are also met. Much less than ranch dressing and other creamy dips, that two-tablespoon portion has only 50 calories and 1.7 grams of fat. Additionally, there are about 50 milligrams of calcium that strengthens bones in there, along with zero cholesterol, which is healthy for your blood pressure and cardiovascular system.
Is tzatziki a high-carb food?
Traditional Mediterranean sauce known as tzatziki is used in a variety of cuisines. Traditional recipes call for nutritious ingredients like cucumber and Greek yogurt, both of which have several health advantages. Tzatziki is a high-fat, low-carb dish that promotes ketosis and is suited for the ketogenic diet. Any keto recipe, such as salads, bowls, sandwiches, and platters, can be enhanced with this dip. Tzatziki can be substituted with other creamy dairy foods that are acceptable for the keto diet, such as plain Greek yogurt or plain sour cream.
How are you supposed to say tzatziki dip?
Tzatziki is pronounced tsah-see-key, so let’s just get that out of the way (if you’re wondering how to say it, you’re not alone). Imagine that the sound you make when saying the second syllable of “pizza” is the same as the first syllable “tsah.” Phew. Now that you’re prepared, feel free to make our tzatziki sauce recipe and confidently present it to your friends.