Almond milk yogurt is a delicious dairy-free substitute for conventional yogurt. It’s made with almonds and is just as rich, creamy, and tangy as the original. The recipe is dairy-free and egg-free, as well as grain-free (gluten-free), soy-free, and sugar-free.
Is there any almond milk yogurt available?
Silk’s almond-based yogurt had a distinct yet pleasant nuttiness that reminded some of our tasters of dessert. Despite its watery consistency, this almond-milk delight contains enough protein to keep you satisfied for breakfast or a noon snack.
Is almond milk yogurt the same as regular yogurt?
Almond and coconut milk are examples of alternatives. Although yogurts are not created from actual milk, we will refer to them as such because they taste like yogurt, smell like yogurt, are eaten like yogurt, are sold in the same grocery aisle as yogurt, and are made from a type of milk.
Is there Greek yogurt made with almond milk?
Our Greek-style yogurt formula has been improved to provide you with even more protein! Our Greek yogurt has up to 17 grams of plant-based protein obtained from Almond Milk & Soy in each serving.
Is there any dairy-free yogurt available?
We compared over 35 brands (all of which are included in our Dairy-Free Yogurt Review Section), and these are the top choices among consumers like you and me.
Oui by Yoplai
Yoplait has came out on top for dairy-free yogurt, which is unsurprising. It’s difficult not to adore the silky smooth and creamy texture, the excellent flavor, and the perfect yogurt thickness. This is one of those items that you can’t believe is dairy-free. We also liked how these don’t taste overtly like coconut and have a short ingredient list.
- Remaining Wishes: An unsweetened variety, or at the very least a plain version with less sugar, would round out this line. Although they include a moderate amount of added sugars, each flavor has a rich flavor. We like it as an afternoon snack, but a low-sugar version may be preferable for breakfast.
Cocoyo Living Coconut Yogurt
This wonderful brand went out of business a few years ago, but it was bought by GT’s and brought back to life! It’s the market’s “cleanest” dairy-free yogurt. Raw young coconut, raw young coconut water, and dairy-free probiotic microorganisms are the only ingredients in the pure flavor. With no added sugar, it contains a staggering 25 billion probiotics every 1/2 cup serving.
- Remaining Wishes: I understand that pricing high-quality products is difficult, but a price reduction would be beneficial. It’s a bit on the splurge side of the grocery bill.
So Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
Many So Delicious items have come and gone over the years, but their coconut milk yogurt substitute has remained a constant. It’s evolved little over time, with modest reformulations and taste additions, but it’s remained stable overall. Their unsweetened variants come in huge tubs and are very adaptable in recipes.
- Ingredients, Nutrition Facts, and Reviews for So Delicious Coconut Yogurt
- Wishes for the Future: It would be fantastic if the fortification with magnesium was balanced out (it includes calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin B12). Also, because these are on the sweet side, some lower sugar fruit flavors would be excellent.
Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative Made with Soy
Without any extra protein, I feel this is the highest protein option on the market. As a result, it has a silky smooth texture that reminds me of dairy yogurt. When Tony tried one of the flavors, he yelled, “Yoplait!” It’s sweet but not too sweet, with a hint of acidity. The cups are only available in flavors, although the Plain variation, which has less sugar, is available in larger tubs.
- Remaining Wishes: We haven’t discovered an unsweetened soy yogurt since Whole Soy was discontinued. Silk, if you’re reading this, please come up with one!
Coyo Coconut Yogurt Alternative
‘Holy cow!’ It’s just coconut cream that has been cultured. This stuff isn’t cheap, but it’s so thick and creamy that I generally divide it into three servings. It’s the ideal topping for cereal, fresh fruit, or even dessert! Coyo used to sweeten with stevia, however it was removed from the recipe. There are no added sweeteners in this flavor-on-the-bottom brand now.
- Remaining Wishes: Of course, a lower price would be ideal, but I understand that this luscious coconut cream isn’t cheap!
Forager Project Organic Cashewmilk Yogurt
Their Coconut Cashewgurt was, without a doubt, the greatest. Regrettably, it was dropped off the market before it really had a chance. Fortunately, Forager’s original Cashewmilk Yogurt line is also rather tasty, with a hint of coconut cream for added richness. As a sour cream substitute, their unsweetened version is particularly popular.
- Ingredients, Nutrition Facts, and Reviews for Forager Cashewmilk Yogurt
- Remaining Wishes: I simply miss the coconut cashewgurt’s extra touch of luxury. It had a rich, full-bodied finish that I couldn’t get enough of.
The Coconut Collaborative Coconut Yogurt
At a tradeshow, I got the opportunity to sample this delicious fruit-on-the-bottom, no-added-sweetener yogurt, and I was taken away by how sweet and pleasant it was. The firm is modest and conscious of people, the environment, and ingredients, making it simple to support.
- Ingredients, Nutrition Facts, and Reviews for The Coconut Collaborative Yogurt
- Remaining Wishes: I’m willing to pay extra for a higher-quality product. However, a somewhat larger size would be ideal for the additional price. These yogurt cups are on the smaller side (about 4.23 ounces).
Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
Silk’s almondmilk yogurt range strikes the perfect blend of basic, healthful ingredients, creamy smoothness, and delectable flavor. They use a good dose of actual almonds to provide richness and nutrition, unlike many dairy-free almond-based products. In fact, it’s of such high quality that you can use it to produce delicious dairy-free yogurt cheese! Despite this, it is one of the more reasonably priced choices that is frequently on sale.
- Remaining Wishes: They already have an Unsweetened Vanilla, but an Unsweetened Plain would complete the line and make this brand more adaptable.
So Delicious Oatmilk Yogurt Alternative
So Delicious has managed to create mixes that have a pleasant taste and texture without too much sugar, despite the fact that oat milk has a terrible track record in dairy-free yogurt. Perhaps it’s because of their unique flavors, such as Spiced Pear & Fig and Strawberry Rhubarb, which deviate from the standard.
- Ingredients, Nutrition Facts, and Reviews for So Delicious Oatmilk Yogurt
- Remaining Wishes: Plain and unsweetened variations of this oatmilk yogurt would be fantastic if it can stand alone.
Chobani Non-Dairy Coconut Yogurt
Chobani’s oat milk yogurt isn’t particularly popular, but their coconut yogurt is a household favorite in tens of thousands of homes. It has live and active cultures, a pleasant flavor, a dairy-like finish, and a brand name that is easy to buy in grocery stores.
- Remaining Wishes: It would be fantastic if they could resolve their concerns with consistency. They’ve had some batch issues in the past, resulting in lumpiness, which is likely due to the use of thickeners. It would also be fantastic if there was a basic or unsweetened variety.
*Be Aware of Your Requirements! All of the goods listed above are dairy-free in terms of ingredients. Nonetheless, if allergy cross-contamination is a concern for you, inquire about the company’s manufacturing practices for all sorts. Cross-contamination with allergens is a danger with any items, but you must assess if the processes are safe for your needs. Also, any company/methods product’s and labeling are susceptible to change at any time. In addition, rather than the FDA definition, our “tree nut free” designation is based on truth. Please keep in mind that coconut is not a type of tree nut.
Which yogurt is the healthiest to consume?
St Helen’s Farm Low Fat Goats Milk Yogurt is the healthiest yogurt overall. It offers the second lowest calorie count of all the yogurts we tested, as well as the lowest sugar level (by only 2 calories). It also performs well in terms of fat and saturated fat, despite the fact that it contains just negligible amounts.
What is the difference between plant-based yogurt and regular yogurt?
What is Plant-Based Yogurt, and how does it differ from regular yogurt? Yogurt derived from plants is known as plant-based yogurt. Nuts like almonds, cashews, and coconuts, as well as other foods including soybeans, plantains, oats, and peas, are commonly used.
Is Chobani yogurt free of dairy?
The non-dairy line from Chobani is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan (they are made in a shared facility that also handles milk). They’re produced with six live and active probiotic cultures, and the sweeteners of option are cane sugar and/or fruit (they advertise as being 25 percent less sugar than their competitors).
Easy Buttermilk Alternative
This works great for marinating and grilling, and it’s also a fantastic choice for baked goods, salads, and sauces that call for yogurt. In recipes, one cup of Buttermilk Alternative can be substituted for one cup of yogurt.
This is a miracle food that is dairy-free. A can of full-fat coconut milk should be refrigerated for several hours or overnight. The coconut cream will float to the top and can be skimmed off easily. Coconut cream can be used in place of yogurt in a 1:1 ratio, depending on your needs. Coconut Cream contains significantly more fat than the other options.
Homemade Dairy-Free Yogurt
Some people like making their own dairy-free yogurt. It can be a far more cost-effective, tasty, and enjoyable DIY endeavor. Dairy-free yogurt is generally thinner than dairy yogurt, so start with one of our tried-and-true recipes below.
Pureed Silken Tofu
Medium Firm Silken Tofu purees to a smooth consistency and can be used in place of yogurt in a 1:1 ratio. This substitute is obviously solely for recipes, and because it lacks the tang of yogurt, it’s best used in “heavier” foods. If you want to add some acidity to your dish, squeeze in a little lemon juice.
Sour Cream Alternative
In salad dressings and dips, this works well as a direct substitution for yogurt. If you can’t find a variety in the supermarket, try one of our Sour “Cream” recipes for a quick fix.
Store-Bought Dairy-Free Yogurt
Yogurts made from soy, coconut, almond, and cashew are all over the place, and they all have the same fantastic “good bacteria.” Dairy-free brands, for the most part, are a good substitute for yogurt. Some companies have gotten rave ratings, while others… well, let’s just stick to the ones that have gotten rave reviews. For some ideas, look through our product reviews.